Please talk me into a Lumia over Apple

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Apple is a great company, iphone is great. But If you want to jump ship to Lumia 1520, you can enjoy:

- Bigger screen
- Preeminent camera
- Live & practical tile instead of boring icon from IOS
- Intuitive OS design (it's personal but I do prefer WP over IOS)
- Rich video recording
- Better Integration with PC or other MSFT product like Xbox
- Nokia excellent software (I used Nokia Mixradio everyday, it's freaking awesome)

I admit WP may be still premature, but i just find it is interested to dig. Particularly WP8.1 leaks tell us a lot of surprises are coming. I can be patient :)

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
And there is no problem with preference. The problem is when people get annoyed with other people's preferences.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

That is a two way street, imagine if I would have went on a iPhone forum and posted the counter quote like that. I would have been torn to shreds, been there done that. iPhonemaniacs can get like that. I have had Blackberries, iPhones, Androids, Window Mobile and Windows Phone. I would like iPhone the best if it 1) Came with a real 5" screen (not that widescreen one lol) 2) Allowed me to put wallpaper behind those icons. Androids are cool toys to play with, only heaven knows how many of those I had. Rooted, and custom rom were fun to install. I loved WM, changed roms faster than Android, and was able to restore my apps and games in a heck of a lot less time than a android flash. Windows Phone I like, because it just takes less steps to do what I need it to do than the android counterpart. The iPhone is like the WP in that it is very easy to do things on a everyday basis. But like I said, it needs a bigger screen for me to be interested in it enough to want one.

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Let's face it...people flocked to non iPhone devices primarily because apple stuck with the small screen size. Once that changes lots of people who ditched the iPhone will be back in droves. Anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Big is in as far as screen size and once the iPhone offers it, a majority of those ex iPhone users will be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just going to troll in here and say it,,, I love my Note 3....

I actually had a Note 3 for almost a month while waiting for Nokia to fix my 1520. I liked it, too - but it still had some of that Samsung Touchwiz lag that I'm just not willing to put up with. Also, the color started peeling off the silver edged after a couple of weeks. Very cheap choice of materials.

I'm hoping Samsung or Apple will release a bad-a** big screen phone this spring so I can sell my buggy 1520. I'll certainly give WP8 another chance some day but not releasing 8.1 until fall will seriously put them in danger of losing much of the newly gained market share.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Let's face it...people flocked to non iPhone devices primarily because apple stuck with the small screen size. Once that changes lots of people who ditched the iPhone will be back in droves. Anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Big is in as far as screen size and once the iPhone offers it, a majority of those ex iPhone users will be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - I certainly will be back on iOS if they release a 5+" phone. However, I believe they'll pull off another one of those half-a***d stunts and go with a 4.7" screen for the next two years - and that'll be too small again for most people who've switched for the screen size.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I actually had a Note 3 for almost a month while waiting for Nokia to fix my 1520. I liked it, too - but it still had some of that Samsung Touchwiz lag that I'm just not willing to put up with. Also, the color started peeling off the silver edged after a couple of weeks. Very cheap choice of materials.

I'm hoping Samsung or Apple will release a bad-a** big screen phone this spring so I can sell my buggy 1520. I'll certainly give WP8 another chance some day but not releasing 8.1 until fall will seriously put them in danger of losing much of the newly gained market share.

I agree with your comment about Samsung's choice of materials, but that will depend on how much do you baby your device, if you are use to just trow your device on your desk or table, seat on it while you have it on your back pocket and what not,, then it is going to show on the device. (not my case in particular, I have never drop a smartphone since I got the motorola backflip, lol). In terms of the Touchwiz Lag, yes, stock Touchwiz will always have some lag, though on the Note 3 is not much noticeable like it was on the S3, but I'm running a custom KitKat Rom, so no lag for me what so ever.

I love Nokia's design and hardware, that's the only reason I always come back to WP8 with every new Nokia phone, just to give it chance, but I always find my self going back to Android, WP8 is just not ready for my type of user. Probably next year WP8 will be able to really compete with iOS and Android. (been third out of 3 it means you are the last one).

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree with your comment about Samsung's choice of materials, but that will depend on how much do you baby your device, if you are use to just trow your device on your desk or table, seat on it while you have it on your back pocket and what not,, then it is going to show on the device. (not my case in particular, I have never drop a smartphone since I got the motorola backflip, lol). In terms of the Touchwiz Lag, yes, stock Touchwiz will always have some lag, though on the Note 3 is not much noticeable like it was on the S3, but I'm running a custom KitKat Rom, so no lag for me what so ever.

I love Nokia's design and hardware, that's the only reason I always come back to WP8 with every new Nokia phone, just to give it chance, but I always find my self going back to Android, WP8 is just not ready for my type of user. Probably next year WP8 will be able to really compete with iOS and Android. (been third out of 3 it means you are the last one).

I agree with almost all of that except for the custom ROM solution as that will positively void your warranty due to knox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes