Can you flash a RM-940 with an RM-937 firmware?

GSeattle

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I got my 1520 through AT&T (now unlocked) but I just moved to Japan which uses different bands. Not sure if the hardware actually includes all the bands, and can be enabled through firmware, in which case flashing a RM-937 ROM might work?
Any insight appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If the AT&T model has specific bands it uses and is different than Japan then you're pretty much out of luck. It's not a software thing, it's hardware.

From what I can tell the 1520 from AT&T is an international handset but I could be wrong. I though Verizon was the one that usually had issues.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I really want to try to flash AT&T 1520...only for the Data Sense app. I'm assuming the flashing process would be the same as the steps I followed for flashing my 520, 620, and 920, all of which worked fine after the new ROM was flashed. I can't find any info on the 1520 being flashed anywhere. Right now, I'm nervously thinking about giving it a go. I have both ROMs (the 940 and 937 variants). If the 937 doesn't function properly, I should be able to put the 940 back on, right???

Update: Well, it appears that Nokia Care Suite does not even support the 1520 ROMs I have. It will not even locate them when I try to open one. Oh, well.

Last edited:

Jai Minton

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I am nervously trying to figure this out too.. I have googled and found what appears to be the 1520 stock files. I am wanting to unlock my att version (Rm940) so that I can use it on tmobile. Is there a way to do this without begging ATT to unlock?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't do it! You should never flash a different variant rom. You are only asking for Band issues. Some have reported permanent loss of bands.
It's ok to flash a RM to RM same variant but different region, but you shouldn't swap rm rom models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes