SO! to 1520 owners, after months with the phone, do u enjoy?

stylo388

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have two issues, otherwise I really like it. The size took me about a month for me to adjust. I have the PMA charging shell that I feels and looks fine, but as someone else said it adds bulk. And it only comes in black which sucks if your phone is any other color.
Issue 1. The screen sensitivity issue that everyone else has. Issue 2. I find brightness when set to auto is way to dim in a dark room. It is good the rest of the time. I seem to be the only one that has this issue so it could be either my device or just me.

well goto Settings >> touch >> from there select sensitivity from high to normal... This fixed mine.. Check this out

alias3800

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
well goto Settings >> touch >> from there select sensitivity from high to normal... This fixed mine.. Check this out

FWIW, doing just the opposite is what's helped me but... It's still pretty bad. Given their recent track record with fixing bugs though, I really don't consider it a deal breaker. I've just gotten to pressing the back button lol

This phone is amazing; best hardware I've ever used on a phone. And I've used just about everything out to date.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for about three weeks now. I love this phone. I love the size. It looks big but after a few days it now feels normal and other phones feel tiny.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
my data speed was like the graphs of a heart rate monitor. goes up and down and up and down. thought it was a network issue so i called the network. there weren't any issues with them. i took out the sim card and placed it in an adaptor so i could put it in my 925. when i did that it was giving me constant lte. brought it back to the 1520 and it was going up and down again. called nokia. unit replaced. now i'm good.

that sucks :( I hope you can get it sorted out.

My Dad's 1520 is having the issue where you can touch anywhere on the screen glass (like by the ffc) and it launches Bing ...... I told him to try a hard reset and if a no go to get it replaced.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Amazing phone.

It's funny for me looking back at why I even got the 1520 to start with..

I was in love with my Cyan 920. At the top of the stairs in my house one day, went to pull it out my pocket, and since the back of the 920 is so slippery and glossy, slipped and well.. you can work out the rest.

I went out that day, and just bought the 1520. I didn't even think about it, and i'm not one to rush into decisions..

Let's just say it's the best smartphone i've EVER owned. No doubt, WP still has a long way to go. But having been on board since WP7, it's come a long way and I think that WP isn't going anywhere. The next two years for Windows Phone is incredibly important, but I think we will see a big change in how much respect the platform gets and how much it gets noticed and known about.

Regardless, the size of the 1520 is not a bother at all. I don't like saying "never", but 6 inch or close to it for a smartphone just works and I don't think i'd ever go back to anything under 5 inches (unless, Windows Phone turns into forked android, in which case i'll boycott smartphones altogether lol)

Sharing videos or pictures with friends (as in a group of friends viewing your phone with you) is amazing with the 1520. The viewing angles are so crazy - a lot of my friends are wowed by how beautiful the screen is and always ask "what phone is that? i'm sick of my iPhone" xD

Really hoping the bugs get ironed out soon. They aren't a dealbreaker at all, but it would be nice to see the touch screen bug fixed a bit more and low light images fixed.

I'll stop rambling now: my point is proven I think.

:love:

TonyF64

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been at this setting for a while now. It is the best setting for the screen issues, but doesn't fix the issue. Thanks for the reply though.

Chiefy707

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I broke the screen on my 1st one a week or so into owning it.
I like/love:
The screen. The size (not as bulky as you may fear it will be). The battery life. The speediness.

The thing's I hate:
-XBox Music. Really MS? This alone is almost a deal breaker for me.
-Nerfed apps. Why are iOS and Android app versions more feature rich? I can run FB from my S3 almost as if i were on my laptop.
-Did I mention Xbox music?

This is my second WP device, my previous being an HTC Arrive. The funny thing is that most of he things I loved most about my Arrive, I hate on my 1520. While most of the things I love on my 1520 I hated on my Arrive. My old Arrive was a "MS services iPod" for me even after I switched back to Android. Now my 1520 really forces me to rely on what WP8 has to offer and Xbox music is a big part of.
Zune just made going about my phone so much easier.

All in all I really like my 1520. I was super in love with it when I first got it but now that the honeymoon is over, xbox music makes it seem like the most gorgeous and beautiful woman who also happens to be a vapid airhead with an annoying laugh.
Also work is knee deep in Google services so that's another biggie for me. But I do love it. I convinced a buddy of mine to get one and got his photography loving GF to get the 1020.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
A woman that works for me came in today with her Icon....I now have Icon envy.

Love my 1520 and no real complaints, but I think I would have liked the 5" screen more.

ASHAB HAMEED

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Bought this phone on 14th feb(updated from the very old n900).So far i am loving every bit about it especially the display ...it's just awesome!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon