Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
This temps me to put my 938 on eBay to see how much I can get for it and just wait it out myself.

Ha! I'm curious to know if those were sold in Canada or if anyone in the lower 48 shelled out the big bucks. And even though they are not in stock, B&H is now showing the price as $619'instead of $629.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, B&H says June 1 ...

I've had the yellow one on order for a few days now and thought of waiting another two weeks is killing me. I was hoping someone would pop up with some good news on earlier shipments. My galaxy S2 is getting really bad so I'm trying to fight the temptation to get a Sony android.

Edit: does B&H automatically give you the lowest price while an item is on back order or do I need to cancel and reorder ?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joebirney

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi there....stupid question.... how did you know the one listed on B&H is the 1520.3 RM-938? Was it listed and I just missed it..or did you compare the frequencies it works at?

Thank you!

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Edit: does B&H automatically give you the lowest price while an item is on back order or do I need to cancel and reorder ?

I sent an email today asking that question. I hit send about two minutes before their Sabbath shutdown so hopefully I'll have an answer Sunday or Monday. I also asked if there is anyway I can just get the first phone available regardless of color.I don't care about the color--I'll put a minimal case on it anyway.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there....stupid question.... how did you know the one listed on B&H is the 1520.3 RM-938? Was it listed and I just missed it..or did you compare the frequencies it works at?

Thank you!

Nope, never saw the RM-938 designator on B&H but the specs identify it, as well as people who have received the phone.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I received a reply from B&H. They said they are lowering my price "as I requested" and I received a separate email showing the new price on my order. The said they were passing on a price change from the manufacturer, which seems like a good sign the pipeline isnt shut down. If you have one back ordered, you might want to send an email to save $10. As far as my request to get the first phone in regardless of color, that's a no go. But they said if I see another color come in stock before my black one ships, to give them a call and they'll switch it.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

AlexFirth91

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting on Negri, they said within a few weeks, hopefully that means Next week or 2. Would get BH, but since I'm in NY I really don't want to pay that sales tax lol. I can wait.

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The update I got in the mail included a date--in stock as of???View attachment 66942

That's making me feel confident they'll have them in the time frame originally stated. I went with the yellow which has always stated June 1 so woohoo only two more twos. I'm also feeling better about B&H customer service, I sent the email about the price change at 2am and received the updated price confirmation at 10am.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm also feeling better about B&H customer service, I sent the email about the price change at 2am and received the updated price confirmation at 10am.
This was my third query to them and they've all been answered very promptly.

ErR0rPr0n3

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got a text message confirmation that my card was charged for my Yellow one! (Says they won't charge until they ship....) Thought I'd post.

FALSE ALARM.... They placed a hold on my account for the full amount (which to me is CHARGING ME for it before they ship...which I explained to them goes against what they mention on the site.

Went from happy morning to excited to mad now... Thanks false charge...

Last edited:

Bruce Carroll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
If I understand what a HOLD is, it's reserving some of your credit for their use, but it is not a charge. They probably want to make sure you can't get closer than $620 to your credit limit. Maybe they are just checking to see if you are good for it?

Anyone with more experience with holds have any more insight?

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to pay with PayPal at check out because that is linked to my BillMeLater account; however, when I tried selecting PayPal, I got a message saying it would be charged immediately. I didn't want to do that for something I wasn't sure was even going to be delivered, so I used a credit card. There's no hold on mine that I know of.

Bruce Carroll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Since @Nokia is not responding to my tweets, I asked if I would be better off buying a Note 3 or waiting for the Note 4. <DIG>

Seriously, do you want to sell phones or not?

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

A bit late to the discussion but question on LTE on Tmo. The pics don't show the 2100 band for LTE, isn't this required on Tmo for maximum computability? Seen the posts saying they are getting LTE but thought they used 1700-2100 for LTE so wondering if there could be areas where LTE wont work. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, found the answer in the thread. But here's another q, is the screen LCD or amoled? Thanks.

Last edited: