03-21-2014 12:03 PM
53 123
tools
    I'll admit that there is some comfort knowing that getting them directly from the carrier (AT&T) provides you with the manufacturer warranty and new unopened equipment is always nice. I just have to decide whether the additional $150 for the phone + taxes is worth it over buying them used off of Craigslist?
    I bought two 1520's for $400 each, brand new/sealed, from someone on CL about 150 miles away. I paid with Paypal so that I had some recourse in case the phones weren't what was promised.
    I did my due diligence before paying by asking the right questions to ensure it wasn't a scam. I asked him to send pictures of the phones, asked him how he came upon 4 of them, etc. (turns out he and his family had attended an Ellen DeGeneres show and the entire audience had been given a 1520 so he had 4 of them and didn't want them). I confirmed his story by watching the episode online that was only 1 week old. In the end, everything turned out great. Not sure how warranty would be handled since I don't have a receipt, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

CL can offer you great savings, just ask the right questions, get photos, and if possible, pay with Paypal and make sure the money request has a detailed explanation of what you are buying (terms like BRAND NEW, SEALED, specs, and condition, etc.).

I, too, am taking advantage of the $100 line credit and $15/mo no-contract terms is a killer deal. That $100 credit is like 7 months of free service!

I have one of the two 1520's I bought still SEALED IN BOX, in case you were interested. It's RED, but if you want black, just put a black TRU Gel Case on it and it looks awesome! I bought two thinking my wife would want one, but it was too big for her and she went with (and LOVES) a 1020 (also from CL).
    03-21-2014 07:50 AM
    I might be interested?? Not sure yet on if I was going to do the Next program or buy off of CL? I was shooting for the white 1520 or yellow but didn't really consider the red one?? Hmmm.... Let me think about it because we would be switching by the end of next week to take advantage of that $100 line credit x2 for me $200. I'm assuming you would sell it for $400 as well? Where do you live, and this would be done through paypal?
    03-21-2014 11:30 AM
    I might be interested?? Not sure yet on if I was going to do the Next program or buy off of CL? I was shooting for the white 1520 or yellow but didn't really consider the red one?? Hmmm.... Let me think about it because we would be switching by the end of next week to take advantage of that $100 line credit x2 for me $200. I'm assuming you would sell it for $400 as well? Where do you live, and this would be done through paypal?
    I sent you a PM to discuss further. Thanks.
    03-21-2014 12:03 PM
53 123