1520 to be released to Rogers, Fido and Telus by the end of May according to Reps.

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey, everyone!

I just got off the phone with Fido. I asked if they had the Lumia 1520 in stock and they let me know that the current phone they have (Lumia 625) has been very popular so they will be bringing in four new Windows Phones in two months. Didn't know which ones though.

Could this mean...1520...in Canada? :eek:

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Last edited:

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fido rep told me they are getting new Windows Phones in two months...1520?

Just spoke to a Telus rep who told me they will get the phone in three weeks.

Also just called Rogers. The guy told me that nothing is official but that they are receiving new Windows Phones by the end of May and that the Lumia 1520 will most likely be there.

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll be buying the 1520 from 'pay as you go' from Rogers and having it unlocked as usual. Have done that with both my 710 and 920.

Lethbridge

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Something funny I thought I would pass along. I was back at my same Telus store tonight, and asked a rep about why they have no Windows Phones on display, and she said that all Windows Phones had been recalled awhile ago and nobody even sells them anymore. I asked if she was sure and she said that WP is completely dead and nobody even makes them now.
Pretty floored at that type of misinformation, unless I just missed my recall notice :)

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I lost hope seeing the phone officially in Canada so I got it last month from omega cell.

If you read my review on it here

http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/273254.htm

you will notice I mention discovering Canadian roms for the Lumia 1520 (RM-938) on the Nokia servers dating back to January this year, but those were SWAP roms that are missing some of the bands.

I'd be very interested if Canadian carriers bring the phone, most probably it will be the RM-938 variant, and I would be able to flash my device with one of the official roms if they make newer ones available with all the bands and no missing features.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Even though I am now with Rogers I will check with my contact at TELUS.
Of course they might get them but both will likely carry just boring old black just as with the 625.

Shimoner01

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, saw someone in here has a 1520 in Canada. Just got one too and had a question:

Do you have trouble getting LTE? I'm on Rogers and never go past 4G (or is that the same thing?).

Any other bugs or missing features I should know about?

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I actually get LTE sometimes, not always, but LTE is there.

I am on a Blackberry Q10, but on Rogers. I do not see why you would not get an LTE signal.

Back on the topic, Still no 1520 in Canada!

Lethbridge

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got sick of waiting and bought a 1520 off of Kijiji. It is the RM-937, and I'm on Telus so no LTE for me, but it really isn't that big of a deal.

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
The RM-937 variant says 4G, but that's LTE.

basically,

3G
H+
4G

The label says 4G, its LTE.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the RM-937 on Rogers. I get LTE but just says 4G. My only issue is that I lose data more often indoors and underground because it doesn't have all the proper bands.

p_j_o

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the RM-938 running on Fido:
3G = 7.61 dl & 6.95 ul
LTE = 67.88 dl & 19.98 ul

This is in the Vancouver area :smile:

Lethbridge

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I understand that, but from what I can gather, Telus uses the 1700 band, which the 937 does not have. I can get H+ without a problem, just not 4G or LTE.
Funny though, when I check my IMEI # on the Telus site, it says my phone won't work at all on their network, even though it currently is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon