Whither 1520: or How I Learned How to Love the 950 XL

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
After using a 930, then a 1520, then a 930 again and now a 950 XL.... I've really grown to hate the on screen navigation bar. I am really tempted to buy a new (old stock) 930 :p.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I luv my phone as well! Just yesterday I was bored at work and decided to plug in my usb adapter thingy so I can plug in a USB 8gb stick loaded up with my tv shows and thoroughly enjoyed watching my shows with VLC player that can play MKV files on my phone... Then after that played some games and had a great 4 hours to pass the time lol... now I'm debating if I should get the HP Elite x3 that's faster and bigger screen...

I love your job!!

...!!

becakmang

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Just got a 950xl. Second hand plus the dock for au400.

Had the Lumia 710, then the 1020 and 1520. Moved in between android (had the note 2, s6 edge+). Last phone was the edge+.

My thoughts: Love the camera. Leave the camera on 8mp, hdr on auto, and you're set. Fiddle around post capture and you'll find the right image. It's brilliant. All those reviewer's out there has to use the auto settings so every phone starts out on par. But this feature is a HUGE positive.

Screen is amazing. UI, well tats what keeps me going back to windows, its so unique.

Build quality is ok. I mean ill take it if it means removable battery and an SD card access. Very lightweight, mich lighter than the 1520. But in saying that, the 1520 felt right in my hands, it feels very premium compared to the 950xl.

The dock is a bit of a gimmick. Somewhat cuddly, but I need to figure out how to set th cables so it looks neat. Id imagine general office work and entertainment (Netflix, YouTube) would be great. Also sometimes miracast has a bit of a lag, so this should be better.

I do miss my apps, specifically banking apps. Samsung pay/android pay....not really a big deal for me. But having access to banking apps os quite important I think. Come on eBay bring something out.

Wireless charging and who can forget, headphone jack amazing (lol).

Let's see how this phone goes for the next month..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christinaenth