Problem updating and downloading apps via wifi

edrichcyster

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi ladies and gents,

I am using a Lumia 1520 and have been having a couple of issues downloading and updating apps on WiFi . The app will get added to the Store download queue, start downloading, then fail and I get the "attention required" error.

Browsing is fine, on my PC and on my phone. I can download files via WiFi to my PC without issue. I can download apps immediately on my LG G2, but not my Lumia. I have no issues downloading the same queued apps once connected to the WiFi at work. My fianc?e has the same app downloading and updating issue on her 920 connected to my home wireless. It used to work fine on my 900.

What could be the cause? I can only think that the difference is in the configuration of my router, but the only difference I can find so far is that I use WEP at home and work uses WPA2. I think it only started happening on my fianc?e's 920 after the Lumia Black update, but can't be sure that it's related.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know what you think?

Thelosouvlakia

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Well you could try a hard reset (and lose all your data!!!!!!) if this doesn't fix the update issue then there could be something in your router blocking traffic between you and the device (highly improbable though)

Smort

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Also, unplug the Wi-Fi router for a minute, then plug it back in. Restart the phone. I had a stuck download (not your exact issue, but similar) and that seemed to unstuck it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon