Do you think there will be a new Lumia Phablet soon?

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I really like the Lumia 1520 and even though it's not on T-Mobile I was just about to buy one through Negri. But I was wondering do you think that a newer version of the L1520 will come anytime soon(even not on tmobile)? And now that I think about it I actually prefer buying an expensive phone through a carrier. When do you think a new version will come out?

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
A new green variant of Lumia 1520 is set to be released.
Anyway, to answer your question. I think so, but I dont know how soon tho.

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
IMHO, the second iteration of the 1520 will not see the daylight till at least end of this year or early part of next year. 1520 is launched only 6 month ago. Also the 1520 replacement will be known as Microsoft Mobile. Unlike Samsung the time frame between launching a new phone & availability in the market is pretty long for Nokia. Cheers mate!

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the 1520 and it rocks. Just get it. If you use that as your reasoning you'll always be waiting for the"next" big thing. This phone is 6 months in.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
What could be that much better at this point, hardware wise?

There's always something around the corner. You could be enjoying new tech now and you'll just be ready for your new phone that much sooner.

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
1520 is still pretty top notch, until the real next gen snapdragons come out (or is K1 proves useful in anything other than theorycraft) then we can expect the next phablet.

Only thing i'd prefer right now is an oled instead of led

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, the second iteration of the 1520 will not see the daylight till at least end of this year or early part of next year. 1520 is launched only 6 month ago. Also the 1520 replacement will be known as Microsoft Mobile. Unlike Samsung the time frame between launching a new phone & availability in the market is pretty long for Nokia. Cheers mate!

They're still going to use the Nokia brand for the phones. It will still be Nokia Lumia 1xxx, not Microsoft Mobile 1xxx or Microsoft Mobile Lumia 1***.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
A new green variant of Lumia 1520 is set to be released.
Anyway, to answer your question. I think so, but I dont know how soon tho.

The green 1520 looks like vapourware at the moment to me :p It was announced months ago. However nowhere is taking preorders and no availability information has been announced still.

Contrast that with the Lumia 930 - lots of retailers are taking preorders

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm so tempted I think I'm just going to buy the 1520. You guys are right, the hardware is perfect and amazing to last a long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes