Need help with SD card

Vickg818

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone I wanted to get some help regarding a SD card for my Lumia 1520. I don't need a lot of space so a 64gb card will do the trick for me. My question is will there be a big difference if I buy the SanDisk Extreme Plus as opposed to the SanDisk Ultra. I know the Ultra is about 30 mbs while the Extreme plus is 80/50. As far as loading time from the SD to the phone will I see a big difference. Or when recording videos or taking picks to the SD. All your help & info is appreciated thank you on advance.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd read some reviews from people who have actually ran bandwidth tests on them. I saw a few on Amazon reviews. It was quite eye opening... Maybe there's a website that just tests SD cards? I'd love to see that, personally.

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone I wanted to get some help regarding a SD card for my Lumia 1520. I don't need a lot of space so a 64gb card will do the trick for me. My question is will there be a big difference if I buy the SanDisk Extreme Plus as opposed to the SanDisk Ultra. I know the Ultra is about 30 mbs while the Extreme plus is 80/50. As far as loading time from the SD to the phone will I see a big difference. Or when recording videos or taking picks to the SD. All your help & info is appreciated thank you on advance.

I was going through the exact same thing over the weekend. I had already purchased the 128gb SanDisk for the 1520 but did not pay attention to the speed when I purchased it. I wanted to make sure I would get the highest possible speed from my device and went with the Extreme Plus. I tried to find a site that tested the I/O speeds but the best I could find was a guy that tested the write speeds of the different cards. Im on my phone so I cannot post the link but its on the XDA forums and the Samsung Note Pro 12.2 device. Look under the general tabs

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
As far as loading time from the SD to the phone will I see a big difference. Or when recording videos or taking picks to the SD.

In good old days of WP 8.0, any microSDXC with enough Write-speed capable of HD video recording (without shuttering) would be a great card. But with WP 8.1 you can install and run Apps from microSDXC, this means the Read and Random-Read speed will affect the performance, specially for data intensive Apps.

Nobody seams to know the actual buss-speed of Lumia 1520, but the UHS-I interface can read up to 104 MB/s according to SD Association. This means Lumia 1520 should be able to take advantage of the extra speed provided by SanDisk Extreme plus 80/50 MB/s, theoretically. In case, it will be worth the price difference.

There is not many reviews out there, but I found this one earlier: review of SanDisk Extreme plus 80/50 MB/s, with a good conclusion "The SanDisk Extreme Plus microSDXC Memory Cards are designed for consumers who want speed and performance on their smartphones, .. "

iLLGT3

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad this question was asked. I just got my 1520 today. (from a 920) I'm interested to see the performance differences in the SD classes on this phone.

jimrun

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I've tried 3 Class 10 microSD cards in my 1520 as well ...

1) the Lexar HP SDXC - UHS-1 633x 64GB
2) the Sandisc Extreme Pro SDHC - UHS-1 633x 16GB
3) the Samsung Pro SDXC UHS-1 633x 64GB

The Samsung Pro 64GB is the card I settled on, & am currently I'm using in the phone ...
... but, I will be watching for Sandisc to come out with a 64Gb version of their Extreme Pro microSDXC card.
... or, a 128GB version of any of the 3 ... :cool:

Albert johnson

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Are you looking for any help with SD card? Have you lost files from SD card? If so, then employ Remo Recover software to get important information regarding SD card and to get back lost documents.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
So two questions. Im contemplating buying an SD card for a 1520 I'm buying tonight. Amazon has good deals right now for the 32gb & the 64gb. I order the SanDisk 64gb Ultra. Link here:

Amazon.com: SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

and then there is the 128gb one. Link here:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s With Adapter - SDSDQUA-128G-G46A: Electronics

Is it worth it to shell out the much for the extra 64gb? and secondly has the ultra worked for most people's 1520's? I see some are using the Samsung 64gb or using SanDisk Extreme.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
TBH it really doesn't matter what card you get as long as it's from a reputed brand that has less failure/corruption rates. Get a decent class 10 card from SanDisk and you should be fine. Loading apps stored on the card might take fraction of a second longer but would not be noticeable. Again getting a card with the best reviews or less failure rates still won't guarantee that the one you get won't turn out to be bad, it's electronics and you really can't predict which one would bail out on you. Get one from a better brand and atleast a class 10

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So two questions. Im contemplating buying an SD card for a 1520 I'm buying tonight. Amazon has good deals right now for the 32gb & the 64gb. I order the SanDisk 64gb Ultra. Link here:

Amazon.com: SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

and then there is the 128gb one. Link here:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s With Adapter - SDSDQUA-128G-G46A: Electronics

Is it worth it to shell out the much for the extra 64gb? and secondly has the ultra worked for most people's 1520's? I see some are using the Samsung 64gb or using SanDisk Extreme.

I have 128Gb Ultra and it works excellent on 1520. If you can spend such amount of money, buy 128Gb.

marksangi22

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
How was the performance of the Lexar MicroSD 633x. I am thinking of getting that card for my 1520. Was the video recording smooth or did it lag?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon