One week in with my 1520...very positive.

flapadlr_Nok900

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Fast, large, great screen, great Bluetooth, size defends against Dementors, great still photos. I love reading on this phone. Battery life is good, same as my 920, about 1 day.

I am running 8.1.

Broken: sensitive click issue (IMHO a hardware or firmware issue.)

Wants:
-More tile sizes. I have the 3 rows across. Maybe a horizontal half large cube?
-Resolution increase in OS to use the screen DPI.
-Better video quality in low light. I've taken video on the same theater each June with many camera phones and the 1520 is an incremental improvement over the 920. It's not archival quality. I think the stage lighting confuses the sensors or something.
-I guess XBOX Music was fixed today, since it finally loads on the first try.
-More people with Windows Phones. It's a desert around here, my wife and child notwithstanding.

Third Party Wants:
-I bought the Belkin case and I can't find a great way to hold the phone while taking pictures (edit). The cover has to be flopped open. Otherwise, this seems to be a high quality and certainly handsome case.
-Holy Shark can someone make Citrix Receiver work on a Windows Phone!? I can login to Citrix and it's very usable on this size phone but whenever I launch the app, it crashes bye bye.
-Netflix won't provide a high rez stream to the phone. I got one on my PC sitting next to the phone. No, I was not running them concurrently.

I feel like I have the best Windows Phone available today and I am satisfied with my purchase.

Ivan from Florida

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Dammit, i was looking at the photos users have posted. And with the lack of the 930 this is looking very tempting.

How you getting on with the screen size? i mean its large! How well does it fit in a jean pocket?

If the 930 dont come along within the 1st week of July, i'm gonna get me a red one of these! lol

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
The thing that you should understand about the size of this phone is that it is not in the width, it is in the height. It fits in a dress shirt pocket.

Jeans pocket questions are very subjective. I am a medium big guy and it will fit in any pocket of my jeans. Well, not the change pocket. :)

I wear loose jeans.

Where doesn't it fit? It sticks out a lot from a dress shirt pocket, at least an inch or two. Looks big when in there. It doesn't fit in my windshield mount anymore. I am having a hard time finding a place to put it in my Mazda 3 and still safely see Waze.

Hope that helps.

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am running 8.1.

Wants:
-More tile sizes. I have the 3 rows across. Maybe a horizontal half large cube?
You mean columns (sorry I couldn't help it, had to correct that)

-Resolution increase in OS to use the screen DPI.
WP8.1 supports scaling for different screen sizes. All of the native apps makes proper use of the available real estate and doesn't blow everything up like it did in WP8. Also, WinRT apps will scale properly too but most are still written in Silverlight and those will just look like they're blown up to fit the screen.

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I was referring to the Start screen. The icons are just bigger.

No problem with the correction of rows to columns. I was wrong.

On a new topic, I took some video this weekend with the phone. Am I supposed to be clicking on the screen to focus on my subjects before clicking record? It seems as if that works better, leads to better overall video quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes