AT&T Cyan - New Features, Performance

TEEBEEWEEBEE

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The following are some new features/notifications and performance improvements I have noticed since upgrading to Cyan on my 1520 (AT&T)

1. Battery Charging Slowly - New notification that popped up when I plugged my 1520 into a chap USB cable. The notification told me to use the USB cable that was provided with phone.

2. New arrows next to Wi-Fi and Cell icons - Let's me know when data is used for each. When I send a text even on Wi-Fi it appears.

3. Much better Bluetooth connectivity - Phone connects instantly. No more multiple attempts to connect.

4. Wi-Fi connects instantly - No need to toggle on/off Wi-Fi for it to connect. It connects instantly.

5. Better tunein radio app performance - Would constantly drop during my commute. Now it works perfectly.

6. Larger text size - When I went to 8.1 preview the text was smaller than 8.0. After official 8.1 update it maintained text size.

7. I was able to keep my photos/videos that were on my SD card after downgrading to 8.0 from 8.1 preview and then back to Cyan.

8. Touch and overall navigation experience has improved. No more hitting links when I was just trying to scroll.

9. Battery life seems the same.

TEEBEEWEEBEE

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
re: AT&T Cyan - New Features, Performance

It seems that the text size was kept the same (kept 8.0 settings) during Cyan update, When I installed 8.1 preview the text size was reduced to the smallest setting. The 8.1 preview default settings were set too small for my liking for both the IE text size and the text setting size in the "ease of access" system setting. When I updated to Cyan from 8.0 it kept my 8.0 settings for both IE and the system.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
re: AT&T Cyan - New Features, Performance

I've noticed the camera focuses better on close-ups now. Before if I tried to take a pic of a document or something it just couldn't focus. Now the MS Camera focuses very well, the Nokia one a little better than before but not as good as the MS one.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Surprised how much I see the arrow on my cell signal when I have background data disabled and no Apps open.

Also kinda bummed after downgrading and doing a reset after Cyan, the little stuttering is still present. Going to the homescteen, etc... Hopefully Update 1 brings some optimizations. WP8/8.1 just isn't keeping the uber smoothness WP was known for in WP7/7.5. Its not bad, but... noticeable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon