Battery drain at idle after Cyan and 8.1 tag team

Dwight Kuhl

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
First off for all the forum ruffians... I've owned the same 1520 in the USA since day 1... No issues other than the swipe bug... I removed the bloatware by simply uninstalling it. Bluetooth off as well as any app that may drain the battery. I could go 24+ hrs before a recharge with minimal usage, but generally beat my phone up on a daily basis between 6am to midnight using Instagram, Facebook, phone calls, texting, Pandora, camera, and youtube and still have 40% battery life.... But that was before 8.1 and Cyan.... Now, at idle it drained 25% in 4hrs sitting next to me while I'm writing an essay!?
I did the hard reset, I scrutinized the background apps, I have turned everything off and still draining as I have described.... What gives....

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine with the 925 noticed the same thing... She had stayed on 8.0 and Black.. Basically because she wasn't as curious as i was to see 8.1 lol... Ever since Cyan her battery life has decreased to just 9 hours a day.. Previously she had 20+ hours a day

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I should add that after 8.1 and Cyan may battery life has also just been 10/12 hours max.. 9/10 with moderate usage, browsing, gaming and social apps.. 12 or more if i only check the time and messages lol

Priceless Luigi

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I noticed a battery drain in my Lumia 1520 as well. I own the at&t variant. I'm currently using the wpcentral app and I am noticing that the upper left corner of my device is getting warm.

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I noted this in another post a while back, but I have the 1520 and went from 8.0 to WP 8.1 and when I did the upper left hand corner got HOT and the battery drained badly. So I turned OFF the WiFi and this fixed it for me. I just this week downgraded to 8.0 to get the 8.1/Cyan update. I have left the WiFi on and have experienced the same thing on and off. The upper left hand getting HOT and the battery draining. Also when I unlocked it I got the continuous "resuming". In short today I turned off the WiFi again and things seem ok. I will keep you posted as I work with it this week. I would like to be able to leave it on but not with the battery drain. I may try that WiFi feature that will turn it on "near my favorite places" this week. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. My phone hasn't been able to make it through a 9-5 work day since I installed the update.

It is 9:25am right now. I took my phone off the charger at 7:52am and I am already down to 67% battery. I have done absolutely NOTHING on my phone during this time. It's been idle with no apps running. I have turned off WiFi and Bluetooth, uninstalled the ATT bloatware, turned off nearly all apps running in the background and even turned my background theme to black from white.

Anyone have any idea what's going on!? Am I able to go back to 8.0? I can't deal with my phone lasting only 5-6 hours with ZERO use

Stevens920

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
same issues here. battery life is atrocious now and i'm sick of having to wait on my phone to "resume" or "load" after swiping the lockscreen.

Dwight Kuhl

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I did disable the battery saver. And the annoying Wi-Fi finder/helper, Bluetooth off and went through and disabled all but the "essential apps" from running in the background.... I have recovered most of the battery life, but its still way less than before... I'd estimate an overall loss of 25%<30% in battery life from before the "update".
Whoever rubberstamped this update to release was obvious rushed to get something out... Microsoft has been pumping out letdown after letdown.... Shame, because this is such a sexy phone, everytime I whip it out all I get is oohs and aahs....

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh btw guys if you have battery saver on then turn that off for a day and check :)

I have had battery saver on, turned off bluetooth and every known app background. I started charging my phone . While charging my phone, I surfed the internet IE and my battery was LOSING its charge. 1% every five minutes or so -1020.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have had battery saver on, turned off bluetooth and every known app background. I started charging my phone . While charging my phone, I surfed the internet IE and my battery was LOSING its charge. 1% every five minutes or so -1020.

Yea this was a tip from another user when 8.1 was released for those with dp.. No one knows why but battery saver drained the battery.. Also after turning it off they recommended you close that window off via the multi task view

Eri Ferdyan Asyari

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Man... Same problem here, Lumia 925 running Cyan, I only get 4 HOURS of battery life by only doing simple tasks like texting and listening to couple of songs. Standby time is worse, battery drain for about 10-13% per hour DOING NOTHING, oh well...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Man... Same problem here, Lumia 925 running Cyan, I only get 4 HOURS of battery life by only doing simple tasks like texting and listening to couple of songs. Standby time is worse, battery drain for about 10-13% per hour DOING NOTHING, oh well...

That is very bad!!! If you're not a heavy gamer, do a back up and try a hard reset :)

Glen S

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I had similar issue after update. Found if I went into battery saver, selected task that can run in background and disallowed what want necessary my battery life is almost back to normal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes