Screen not rotating

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I am on official 8.1 and just noticed today that my browser will not rotate into landscape mode. Actually it will rotate the first time it's used after restarting the phone but any time I use it after that it is stuck in portrait mode. This seems to be new as of today but not sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
No no. Like I said, it works right after I restart the phone and then seems to stop when I go back to it later. I have restarted again and it is working as of now. I think it may have been related to 1 of the apps I was using earlier. Will have to try each one of them again later when I get a chance. Research time 😊

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Had to check ;)
I know some apps have their own rotation lock, so possibly if they're activated it could cause a problem.
Happy Hunting.

Big Al51

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I am also suffering the this problem (31 July 2014)

You are doing better than me. I cannot get my 630 wp8.1into landscape mode at all. Keyboard is virtually unusable. Same problem on both 620's I have had. I'm sure it is a wp8.1 bug. Nokia Care about as much use as a chocolate teapot!! Extremely frustrated. Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes