Just received my yellow Lumia 1520...What next

ashyk36

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi so I received my Lumia yesterday..... 2 Probs I have noticed so far...
1. The Yellow seems to get dirty quite quickly. Can I clean then up, they are like grey coloured marks.
2. I cannot watch bbc sport videos on internet explorer, is there an alternative browser which is better then IE?
3. Lastly it's it worth getting a wireless charger or is it just a novelty item?

Thanks

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Get a good case. And yes you can get it cleaned up. I am guessing you are not in the USA.
Wireless charger is a great idea especially since over time USB ports tend to crap out:)

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging is good. Seems like a novelty at first but quickly becomes a necessity. So convenient - especially the portable wireless one that you can also carry around with you.

ashyk36

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok so which wireless chargers are best? Should I stick the Nokia wireless chargers? Also I have tried to clean up the marks in the phone but can't.... Can I use something to clean it up? And I live in the UK

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a person keen on cases for phones, is it a necessity?

only a necessity, if you don't plan on it slipping thru your fingers. There are many low profile cases, which will add some grip to a (very) slippery phone ...

Your call - pay a little now (for a case) or pay more later, to replace a digitizer !

ashyk36

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Will have a look at cases and terry talk muskeg into getting one.....
Wireless charger, am I better to stick with the Nokia branded wireless charges?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
update your phone by going to phone updates in settings. You'll have to go through two updates. A short one and then a long one but it's really worth it since you get 8.1.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Will have a look at cases and terry talk muskeg into getting one.....
Wireless charger, am I better to stick with the Nokia branded wireless charges?

Don't know about the other's (OEMs, etc) but the Nokia (QI) wireless chargers are very good.

If looking for a case, make sure it raises both front & back off a surface (i.e. lip around the front to protect the glass digitizer, raised area on back for camera lens). Even a cheap case (personal choice of design / color) is better than NOT, as stated before, something with grip.
Don't necessarily have to go Otter Box, etc. just something sacrificial which will isolate the phone from concrete / asphalt / ceramic (porcelain) tile, etc... The TPU cases would do the job.

If ' ... BBC sports videos...' require Flash, Windows Phone does NOT support Flash (there are apps, however). An alternative browser is UC Browser, which I use as well as IE (IE set to mobile, UC set to desktop).

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Nokia ones are best. I prefer the oval ones and not the round ones,,,makes finding the charging spot on the phone easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon