Nokia 1520.3 Assistance Required

cujo72

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello folks I hope someone can help me out.
I just received my 1520.3 from ebay through in my Rogers SIM in Canada and the network seems to cycle through LTE, H , 3G. I called the carrier and everything looks fine on their end. I am suspicious that the previous owner through on the 8.1 preview and it may be part of my problem. In the networks settings it offers only 4g as my highest connection speed when all of the proper LTE channels are supported.

My current firmware is

OS 8.10.12397.895
software 8.1
hardware revision 6.2.0.0

Its running Lumia Black

Can anyone tell me what this phone ships with from the factory? Has anyone had the same issues?
Any support would be appreciated since the windows phone community is small in Canada,

thanks

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
^what he said. 4g setting is LTE. Your phone will normally cycle between speeds depending on network strength. It will not stay on LTE only if signal strength drops. Depending on my coverage my phone may even drop to Edge.
I'm on Rogers too

JTDraper

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia Cyan firmware has just been released for the 1520.3. You should use Nokia Software Recovery Tool to install the original WP8.0/Black firmware, then check for Over The Air updates. There will be two. After the second one, you'll have WP 8.1 and Cyan.

That way, you'll have the latest firmware, which includes improvements to networking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon