Whatsapp whatscrapp?

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
If you backup restore your data from DP8.1 do you retain all of your whatsapp conversations data and groups? I want cyan but need whatsapp to remain as is..
Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you backup restore your data from DP8.1 do you retain all of your whatsapp conversations data and groups? I want cyan but need whatsapp to remain as is..
Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

whatsapp will save threads automatically.
when you reinstall and reactivate it will find
conversations you have had and ask
if you'd like to restore them.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Okay great. So if I roll back to 8.0 to get cyan update, whatsapp will retain all data..
I think it won't. Because in my understanding (I haven't done it) rolling back to 8.0 is similar to hard reset meaning it wipes out everything from phone. So after you get Cyan and get back your 8.1 again your WhatsApp will be empty. Your conversations won't be restored, it will show your group chats but also empty

Please somebody fix me here if I'm wrong

Aviskri

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I think it won't. Because in my understanding (I haven't done it) rolling back to 8.0 is similar to hard reset meaning it wipes out everything from phone. So after you get Cyan and get back your 8.1 again your WhatsApp will be empty. Your conversations won't be restored, it will show your group chats but also empty

WhatsApp backups your conversations in its own server, so if you change or reset your phone and you keep your number everything will save. WhatsApp> settings> chat settings> backup

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

It saves stuff to the SD card. So long as you don't run it before putting the card back in (if you took it out for the downgrade), it will pick up there's something to restore and go ahead and do it.

vijayvj

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Lumia 620 which is still running on amber. I want to upgrade the windows. Does upgrading windows clear your WhatsApp chats? Is there is a way to back up WhatsApp data to an sd so that I retain my chats after the upgradation? Because I really want chat history. Please kindly leave an answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte