Would You?

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
So I am a new WP adopter as I bought a 635 to test the OS coming from Android and iOS and absolutely loved it. I then purchased a 1520 to step up my WP game and again, love the device.

BUT...

I find the 1520 a little too cumbersome for my everyday travel/work use. Don't get me wrong, its an amazing device but with how much I travel I wanted to try and use it as a mini tablet but it doesn't seem to be working out very well.

Would you trade a 1520 for a 930? I am trying to sell my 1520 but haven't had much luck lately and was looking to get the 930 to work on my ATT plan.
Maybe I am jumping the gun since I have had the 1520 for only about 3 weeks now and as a media device it is downright amazing but as a phone/texting device it has given me some apprehension about keeping it.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Since the 930 is not commercially available in the US, I'm not sure what features you might lose with another country ROM.

I have a 920 and toyed with a 1520 at the ATT store, but found it to be much too big. I'd love to have one for playing games, but broke a nail setting it down, so it definitely wouldn't be my choice for a daily driver. The 1520 is very popular and there is a For Sale forum here on WPC where you might have better luck selling it.

Having said that, if I had a 1520, I'd hang on to it until Oct/Nov when we might see what phones will be introduced for the Christmas season. Although rumors on the street are all about lower-end phones (eg., 730, 735, whatever), remember how secretive Microsoft was prior to the introduction of the first Surface tablet PCs? I'm hopeful they have something up their sleeve that will make me want a new phone.

Also, remember that Windows 9 is coming in the spring. 6-7 months may be too long to live with the phablet, but you'll have to decide that for yourself.

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
well I've had smaller phones earlier.. when I transitioned to a 1520, only for the first few days I was finding it cumbersome.. then I got used to it so much that I don't think I will go back to a smaller phone :)

The 930 has pretty much the same specs.. except for a smaller screen size, it has many downsides..
1) Not so good battery performance (1520 is much much better)
2) No expandable storage
3) 930 may not have US LTE bands (I use an international 1520 so makes no difference to me. HSPA+ speeds are good enough to me)
4) Comparatively Thicker
5) and there is that heating issue
6) No Glance screen

and I'd personally prefer the looks of 1520 over 930 any day...

I must admit that I have fairly large hands and hence, I sometimes can use just one hand to operate it. :D

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I agree with manomic. I use AT&T as well and I have a 1520. I would have preferred a 5 to 5.5 inch phone instead of a 6 inch but the loss of LTE, SD card slot, and a smaller battery kills the 930 for me. I could deal with the thickness and without the glance screen if I had to.
Maybe wait until the HTC One M8 for Windows comes to AT&T and sell the 1520 if you aren't used to the size by then?

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I agree with what everyone is saying for sure regarding the sacrifices.

I came from a Note 3 and it was a great phone but I got tired of the uncertainty of Android and what would come next with that OS. I really enjoy the 1520 screen for video watching and internet perusal.

It gets very tough when I need one hand functions and weighing down my pocket or suit jacket so I thought a 5 inch size device would be better. I didnt know the 930 had so many issues with battery, heat, and screen issues. Buyer beware I guess?

I was thinking of selling the 1520 now and using my 635 until I saw what the holidays brought or even the ATT HTC as mentioned but I do like the design and camera on the 930.

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If u r using the Nokia camera app so don't get HTC... In my case i wouldn't buy any phone other than Nokia just because the camera

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 is no slouch in the camera department but I have heard great things and seen some 930 shots and one of the other reasons to change as well for me.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The 1520 is no slouch in the camera department but I have heard great things and seen some 930 shots and one of the other reasons to change as well for me.

There is no significant difference in the cameras between the 1520 and 930. In addition, you have an SD card slot in the 1520 so you can store many more pictures than you would be able to on the 930.
However, I agree that if the camera is one of the more important factors, particular the Nokia Camera app, then the HTC might not be the best option. However, the HTC's camera may still perform equal or better than your 635.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I finally got around to taking more pics with my 1520 and was very impressed. Also, I enjoyed the Nokie Storyteller app once I messed around with it. Nice little feature and shareable on social media.

Still think its a tad too big for everyday use and what I need it for and will keep an eye on for whats to come if I ever dont get a 930. I will say, the battery life on this phone is easily the best I have ever seen on any phone. Including the Note 3.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I finally got around to taking more pics with my 1520 and was very impressed. Also, I enjoyed the Nokie Storyteller app once I messed around with it. Nice little feature and shareable on social media.

Still think its a tad too big for everyday use and what I need it for and will keep an eye on for whats to come if I ever dont get a 930. I will say, the battery life on this phone is easily the best I have ever seen on any phone. Including the Note 3.

I would await the presentation of the 830 in the upcoming week before making any decision. If it comes with a 5'' screen this device might become very interesting for you. Don't get the 930, the downsides have been thoroughly underlined in this thread and especially when having owned the 1520 beforehand I think one will miss various features.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I just saw some of that info on the 830 and you make a great point. I may hang tight a little but still looking to sell my 1520 as I enjoy using my 635 more conveniently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2