Missing settings

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
​Ok, so I have an odd problem with a 1520. It's been updated to 8.1 Cyan OTA and everything was fine. I reset it (the usual way in Settings / About / Reset Your Phone) but now any lumia-specific settings are no longer available, so no options for motion data, or glance, etc etc.

I've reset it three times now... They never come back.

Before anyone suggests Nokia Recovery Tool, I don't have a windows PC, so I can't go down that route.

Anyone experienced this issue, and have any ideas on how to fix it?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Install "SysApp pusher" from the store and search for the lost apps and update the ones you do have.
That is similar to what happens each time you delete user data by a hard reset.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It's very strange - I've reset before and the extras reinstall themselves as part of the setup process (as they're Lumia-specific settings for hardware), but for some reason, it doesn't want to do it anymore.

Your solution works, btw, so many thanks. I'd probably rather know why the problem occurred and how to restart it, but SysApp pusher definitely works!

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 and I have all the latest updates including cyan. Why isn't motion data in my settings? Here's hoping someone can solve it for me...

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded sys pusher and have gone through every single app and update on there, the Nokia motion one just says its not available for my device. I am on cyan plus the very latest updates...

Shiranui2012

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded sys pusher and have gone through every single app and update on there, the Nokia motion one just says its not available for my device. I am on cyan plus the very latest updates...

Don't use Sys Pusher, that isn't going to do anything if the apps or settings aren't there. Find Nokia Software Updater for Retail 4.2.1 and use that program to reinstall the latest version of Windows Phone you had previously. Warning: do NOT RESTORE from a previous back up as that seems to mess things up. You'll have to download all apps again, but that is safer than using a restore. My Lumia 1520 now has all the missing settings and is working as it should.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I think you've missed the point of the what the OP said. He used 'Reset Your Phone' from Settings in the phone itself. This sometimes happens.
Using SysAppPusher is the correct answer as posted above....

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Like I have said above, I have a similar problem to the original poster.
I have even used the Nokia Updating software recently, it installs absolutely everything EXCEPT the Motion Data Setting.
On SysAppPusher there doesn't seem to be an app or system program that will enable the Motion Setting.
Its really frustrating, as I have now tried every possible fix.
Everything else about my phone is perfect grrr.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's the same on my 1520 running cyan and the latest dev preview updates. No motion data setting.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's the same on my 1520 running cyan and the latest dev preview updates. No motion data setting.

I really ddon't know how to solve this one. Perhaps when the denim update becomes available it will perhaps solve it.
NIce to hear I'm not the only one with this fault.

Shiranui2012

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I think you've missed the point of the what the OP said. He used 'Reset Your Phone' from Settings in the phone itself. This sometimes happens.
That is what happened to my L1520 too but resorted to reinstalling Windows Phone 8.1 from the aforementioned program, syspusher doesn't bring those apps or settings back that way.

Shiranui2012

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Why are you even suggesting this? I had exactly the same problem as the OP and this is what I have done to solve it, SysPusher didn't do the job, I have tried as suggested and that didn't work, so I found a solution you're trying to dismiss?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon