How on earth do people get 2-4 days of battery?

wynngd

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
re:

Whenever I do hiking or climb a mountain I usually need a power bank with my old Lumia 800 phone as it easily runs out of juice before the sun rises on my second day up in the mountain. With my Lumia 1520, I usually leave the city on Friday night and arrive back on early Monday morning with 14% of charge. I usually use my 1520 take photos along the trail.

These are the two things I do:

1. Put the phone in Battery saver mode.
2. If there's no signal on some parts of the trail, turn the airplane mode on.
- if you have good reception, no need to turn this on. Bad reception is almost equivalent to half and below signal bar.
- The lower the signal bar the more power your mobile will use to stay connected.

I always use the Here Maps to check our location and when a good reception is available, I usually uploads photos to my social network or to one drive. Since I got my phone, I never bother bringing a powerbank.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

After my last attempt and the link that I shared I have seen some remarkable change in my battery and I must say I am impressed and NO I havent dumbed down the smart one. :D

From 1day 3hours x mins now all the way upto 1 day 11 hours and x mins is not a bad effort.
Although I must say the battery sense app and insider were showing these numbers side by side. The life didnt shoot up in one day. It was over a few regular use charge cycles that the numbers crept up hour by hour. It may be the case that the numbers gradually crept up but I could feel the change almost instantly. I noticed that it showed 1 day 3hours at 100% and even after the % dropped it showed 1 day 3 hours which was strange. Maybe the battery was calibrating itself I dont know but it worked :)

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
re:

You've got my geek going. Where can you buy this thing? I'm curious to know how it works.

It's called an "automatic universal USB charger". My cousin brought it back from Germany - it has automatic voltage and swappable pins for different plug sockets too.

I'll ask her and let you know.

kais_4

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I noticed my Lumia 1520 stopped overheating and rapidly draining its battery the instant I uninstalled the Live Lock Screen BETA app. Even when it wasn't running and told not to run in the background, the app would some how burn the CPU like a boss. All solved now! :)

Last edited:

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I noticed my Lumia 1520 stopped overheating and rapidly draining it's battery the instant I uninstalled the Live Lock Screen BETA app. Even when it wasn't running and told not to run in the background, the app would some how burn the CPU like a boss. All solved now! :)
The app isn't completely removed until kids corner is turned back on. Weird I know but it resolved a couple resuming issues I had left over from the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon