Access point not available after 8.1 update - and MMS doesn't work.

jhovesen

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Last week I got a Lumia 1520. It came with Windows Phone 8.1/Cyan. I immediately updated to developer version, it is now running 8.1 update 8.10.14157.200. It worked great for a couple of days. I did notice that the "access point" settings had the message "These settings are only available for earlier versions of Windows Phone, and won't work with this operating system", but figured that was normal behavior for this phone, even though my Lumia 920 with 8.1 update doesn't have that message.

I don't know if this is associated, but MMS doesn't work. I don't receive and I can't send. AT&T tells me, after almost two hours on the phone with them, that I have to return phone.

Any ideas?

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue like that when I upgraded to WP8.1 with Cyan. Changing the IP setting to IPv4 from IPv6 in Cellular + SIM -> SIM Settings -> Edit MMS APN fixed it for me.

jhovesen

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an 'Edit MMS APN' entry, only 'add MMS APN'.
Edit:
I got the MMS APN settings from AT&T's website. Prefixed WAP Gateway with the same prefix as MMSC, and changed IP type to IPv4. That fixed my issue, thank you kmok, you put me on the right track!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2