Tempted to rebuy, good idea?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Been using a 1020 for almost a year now, and a few months ago I bought a 1520.3 from B&H, liked it but returned it because of the scroll/tap issue. Now gadget lust is taking hold again and I'm debating buying it again, especially at its lower price. So I was wondering how things stood with the device after cyan regarding the camera. I obviously do not expect it to be as good as the 1020 (which I'll be keeping) but I do wonder if its been improved at all with cyan as Nokia claim, as I was not impressed with it when I had it.

Also re the screen issue, I wonder how people are finding that "squeeze" trick has held up since it was first posted. Has it made a real difference long term or was it a short lived fix? Does sending it off to Nokia for repair fix the problem? And is that actually an option for the 1520.3 if I'm in the US?

If anyone is wondering why I dont wait for something new, there are a few reasons. First of all I hate carrier branded phones. They always find a way to mess with some feature of the phone and I dont want that. Then even if I did go for a carrier phone I'm with Tmobile and they have a habit of dropping support for their WP devices very quickly so I'd rather avoid that if I can. Third, with my preference for an unbranded phone and being on Tmo, I would have to wait for an unbranded AWS phone to be released (or alternatively a Rogers variant) but there's no guarantee such a phone would be released and would probably be delayed a long while if it was.

Thanks for any input. :grin:

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
For me, the screen issue is not really an issue. Yes, it happen sometimes but I've learned that I must do a touch firmly if I want to scroll and a "light" touch if I want to tap. That's the way I can live with the screen issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes