Replacing Lumia 1520 Back Cover To a Different Colour

iLLGT3

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have cracked the rear camera lens on my 1520. I did a bit of searching and I could not find anywhere that sells just the lens itself. Instead, I found a website that sells the back covers that include the lens as well. I currently have the red 1520 but I'm interested in possibly changing it to white. Are there any differences between the housings themselves that would prevent me from changing the cover to a different colour or are all the housings the same besides the colour?

Thanks,

~ Jeff

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have cracked the rear camera lens on my 1520. I did a bit of searching and I could not find anywhere that sells just the lens itself. Instead, I found a website that sells the back covers that include the lens as well. I currently have the red 1520 but I'm interested in possibly changing it to white. Are there any differences between the housings themselves that would prevent me from changing the cover to a different colour or are all the housings the same besides the colour?

Thanks,

~ Jeff
You'll need to change the SIM and SD trays too if you want them to match a different color back.

iLLGT3

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I ordered it from eBay. Search up "Lumia 1520 camera lens replacement"

I see. What's the process of replacing it then? Does the black ring come with the adhesive to attach the lens to it?

EDIT: I see the adhesive is included with one kit. Were you able to replace yours with ease then?

yoitsbenvo

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes! It took about 15 mins with patience, due to the fact that my lens was shattered. I used a thin box cutter blade to remove the glass from the phone itself. Time and patience is the key. Try your best to avoid the camera itself!

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
One question I have is whether or not some of these ATT versions of cases that I've seen look to have the wireless charging setup for the international versions inside them. Like this one Nokia Lumia 1520 Bandit Back Housing with Wireless Charge Flex Yellow USA | eBay. Will they actually work to wirelessly charge the international version? Parts4repair appears to have the same thing Back Housing Assembly Cover with Wireless Charging Coil for Nokia Lumia 1520 -Yellow - Parts4repair.Com. Obviously for a lot more than what I actually need for my 1520.3. But, the one from ebay is actually cheaper than the international versions I've found.

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
changing the rear housing is actually really easy. pop out the sim and micro SD, remove little sticker and unscrew tiny bolt. Pop the lcd screen with all the internals inside, and then with your new shell reverse the procedure. There are no problems with changing colors.

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Not always this easy. I've bought a replacement shell but it is missing everyone attached to the rear shell. No PMA flex cable, no black foam tape stuff, etc. A shell like this will take more work and I am concerned about it.

Jason

oboboy14

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I was looking at doing the same thing, with the back on parts4repair.com. There are two of them, one that has the lens and flash in it, and one that doesn't, and I'm not sure if the more expensive one would be worth the extra money. Would changing the back mean that I could finally use a QI wireless charger on my ATT 1520?

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
There is a whole thread concerning Qi in an ATT 1520. I've done the mod once or twice before and will be looking to do it one more time. I still want to swap backs with the back that I've purchased that is missing all of the guts, and add Qi in there. Swapping the backs isn't a requirement for adding Qi to the device, but it would be a convenient time to do it.

Jason

Dared

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I've been trawling the internet for red and yellow housings for an RM 937 and *think* i have come across some that are legit (even though they're from China). I've compared the markings etc to ones from a website that are a genuine supplier, and I can't tell the difference.

100 % Original Battery Door Cover For nokia lumia 1520 Housing Back + Flex Cable White /Red /yellow /Black . Free Shipping-in Mobile Phone Housings from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Do you reckon these look legit? Given the fact they're $50 AUD i'm thinking they are (these are more expensive than most).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes