Thinking of switching from Verizon (928) to AT&T (1520)

NaytG

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of switching carriers from Verizon to AT&T next week when my contract expires. Verizon dropping the Icon has made me concerned about future WP devices that will be available. I'm not interested in the 730/735. Are there any other switchers out there? I'd like to know if apps open/close faster on the 1520 than they do on my 928. I'm starting to wonder if I am actually getting fed up with the OS and not just my 928. Apps like Flipboard and Facebook take several seconds to open and close, and when I unlock my phone, seeing Resuming and having to wait for that is starting to get on my nerves. Should I expect different/better performance in this regard on a 1520? My other concern is that AT&T has far less coverage in Nebraska than Verizon does. I guess as long as I stay east of Lincoln I should be okay. The AT&T reps have just told me that if I hate the coverage in the first 2 weeks to return everything and cancel the service at no charge. It's nice to have that option.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I switched from the ICON to AT&T for the 1520. Prior to the ICON, I had the 928. It's a great phone but the hardware is not as modern as the 1520 so I think the worries about resuming etc. won't be a problem.

I agree that Verizon leaves a lot to be desired regarding WP. My family is all on Verizon but I'm the lone wolf and I like it that way. I live in AZ and my AT&T signal in the wide open spaces works just fine. As for how AT&T supports WP; just look at how many WP phones they have and are getting in the near future. I don't think the OEM's would provide them phones if they did not seriously believe AT&T would give them support.

As for the 1520, God I'm in love. I don't try and do things with one hand so I can't address how easy that is to do. I can say that with the 800 processor (even though it's a year old processor) works fluidly with the Win 8.1 OS. Given the two week grace period to try out the signal, I would go for it. I don't think you will be disappointed in the phone, the screen, the speed or the AT&T signal.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've already done this myself. I've had the 928, the Icon, and now the 1520.3. Apps open fast in both the Icon and the 1520.3 The two phones have identical hardware. The SD800 really helps. Unfortunately there are some resuming issues with Cyan/8.1, but they aren't all that bad. The biggest surprise was XBox music takes longer to open on the 1520 than the Icon and does occasionally get the resuming issue. This is because its a separate app rather than built in.

I am thinking of switching carriers from Verizon to AT&T next week when my contract expires. Verizon dropping the Icon has made me concerned about future WP devices that will be available. I'm not interested in the 730/735. Are there any other switchers out there? I'd like to know if apps open/close faster on the 1520 than they do on my 928. I'm starting to wonder if I am actually getting fed up with the OS and not just my 928. Apps like Flipboard and Facebook take several seconds to open and close, and when I unlock my phone, seeing Resuming and having to wait for that is starting to get on my nerves. Should I expect different/better performance in this regard on a 1520? My other concern is that AT&T has far less coverage in Nebraska than Verizon does. I guess as long as I stay east of Lincoln I should be okay. The AT&T reps have just told me that if I hate the coverage in the first 2 weeks to return everything and cancel the service at no charge. It's nice to have that option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon