My 1520 doesn't light up the navigation keys

jorkobe23

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks,

I have just bought a Lumia 1520 black last night. It was almost brand new and I love the screen size and quality. It is a truly fantastic phone.

But I've noticed that the navigation keys on my 1520 do not light up from the beginning. If I was more careful I could ask the seller right away, but I didn't notice it at the time..

Is it normal that the navigation keys do not light while I'm using in the bright place?

If it's not, please let me know how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
No, it isn't normal. There is an odd bug, either with the updating of the battery saver app and or the OS updates, and many different phones are experiencing this problem.

Cover your proximity sensor,right side of your phone at the top, for a couple of seconds and remove your finger. I noticed the light would come on when I do that, but only for a couple of seconds and it would cut right back off.

Griffin Griffin

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. I have had my 1520 for about 10 months and it has worked great. Recently, the battery icon on the lock screen always shows that the battery is in power savings mode (with the little shield) even when the phone is fully charged. As a result, the navigation keys are blacked out (to save power). I have done a soft reset by holding the down volume button for 30 seconds, but that has not fixed the issue. Today I ran the power all the way down, hoping that when I recharge the battery then the systems will resynch. It probably won't work, but I do not know how else to proceed.

Doesn't Nokia tech support read these posts and offer help?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes