Is it worth buying a 1520 at this point?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea why folks are still hesitant on getting the 1520. I think its all but confirmed that no new flagships are due till late next year.. The 1520 and all other lumias will be getting denim firmware as well as Win10 when it rolls out too.. You can get a cheap 1520 on Ebay or right in the marketplace on Windows Central. Go for it. You got nothing to lose. Like I said before....the 1520 can still run with the big boys on either Android or ios.

1. It's nothing close to confirmed, as we could easily see something announced around build, since that would be around when the 1520 and 930/Icon would be due for replacements.
2. I'd be irritated if I got a 1520 now, then something new was out in a few months, because it would have me in a crappy situation where I either have to wait an extra 6 months for my next upgrade, or I'd have to upgrade mid-life with devices now.
3. After seeing my cousin's 1520 screen break from being in a pocket, it has me leery on its durability.
4. Though the size of the 1520 doesn't outright bother me, I wouldn't like having to switch pockets to carry it (the pocket I carry my 920 in wouldn't fit a 1520).

Anyway, I can't help but feel that 2014 started Microsoft's desire to get on-track with Android releases in the spring, as opposed to the iPhone one in the fall. With 2012 and 2013 (though the latter was mostly ignored), Microsoft was essentially in a position to release late-year stuff with the same hardware the competition (Samsung/HTC) had put out with Android 6 months earlier, so their devices kept coming out pseudo-obsolete (since the new stuff from the competition was only a few months away).

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea why folks are still hesitant on getting the 1520. I think its all but confirmed that no new flagships are due till late next year.. The 1520 and all other lumias will be getting denim firmware as well as Win10 when it rolls out too.. You can get a cheap 1520 on Ebay or right in the marketplace on Windows Central. Go for it. You got nothing to lose. Like I said before....the 1520 can still run with the big boys on either Android or ios.
I can understand not buying one. Its not uncommon for these to have serious screen and touch problems. If I thought it would happen to me, I would not have bought one. As it is, I did buy one and it did happen to me but the replacement has been great. After owning one, I would buy another in a heartbeat because the goodness is worth the risk of maybe having to replace it. But there was no way to really know that goodness without living with one. That and some people may be intolerant of problems regardless of the goodness which I can totally respect.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am happily pondering buying a L1520 or a M8 for Windows right now. Will buy the one I like the best without hesitation once I decide. No worries from this moderator.The screen, performance, support and price on the L1520 are all top end right now. No, I have zero reason to think that there will be a flagship device with Windows on it prior to W10 in September because there has been zero leaks to the contrary. So you will get at least 8-10 months of love from a L1520, plus a W10 update. I have zero doubt the big boned phone will be among the first to get the update. There is a lot of "zero doubts" involved with posts. So - yeah. Go get it. There are a ton of good L1520's for great prices.

Inferati

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am happily pondering buying a L1520 or a M8 for Windows right now. Will buy the one I like the best without hesitation once I decide. No worries from this moderator.The screen, performance, support and price on the L1520 are all top end right now. No, I have zero reason to think that there will be a flagship device with Windows on it prior to W10 in September because there has been zero leaks to the contrary. So you will get at least 8-10 months of love from a L1520, plus a W10 update. I have zero doubt the big boned phone will be among the first to get the update. There is a lot of "zero doubts" involved with posts. So - yeah. Go get it. There are a ton of good L1520's for great prices.

Thanks! and thank you to everyone! Currently waiting for someone to put their 1520 up for sale in charlotte, NC in Craigslist. Moment someone does, im buying it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital