Just ordered a 1520!

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, off to a rough start. 1520 arrived today from AT&T but I'm extremely skeptical of this packaging. It's in a generic AT&T box, does not say Nokia or Lumia or 1520 anywhere. Open it up and it's an empty box (meaning no compartments) with the phone in a little plastic bag, stickers are on. And then a couple of little manual sized papers and the charger.

Packaged it all back up and will be at the store first thing in the morning. Pretty annoyed too.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
How do you guys experience the battery life of the Lumia 1520. I recently got mine and I love the size and everything but the battery seems drain to fast. For example writing in WhatsApp kills the battery.

I have been owning one for one year now and battery is still good. Lasts about one full day to 1.5 days based on usage.
Normal usage for me is
- Display almost always on (mid brightness) reading news online
- Sending messages/emailing (dozens, in the 50, 60 a day)
- Two or three short calls a day (less than 5 mins per call)
- Pictures all the time, short videos
- Listening to music for two hours while at the gym.

Sometimes battery dies around 11pm from 7am when i put the phone on with 100% charge. Sometimes it lasts till the next day around 12pm.
If i play games like Asphalt etc. all the above doesn't apply. Battery dies relatively quick (4 or 5 hours).
Nice, phone, nice OS, too many missing things so now i compensate with a Galaxy Note 4.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, off to a rough start. 1520 arrived today from AT&T but I'm extremely skeptical of this packaging. It's in a generic AT&T box, does not say Nokia or Lumia or 1520 anywhere. Open it up and it's an empty box (meaning no compartments) with the phone in a little plastic bag, stickers are on. And then a couple of little manual sized papers and the charger.

Packaged it all back up and will be at the store first thing in the morning. Pretty annoyed too.

But isn't that normal for AT&T? I'm not American, but all unboxing videos I saw so far from their phones only included this standard AT&T box without any accessories.

Sergio Andrade

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi btbam91 From which vendor did you get the brand new 1520? i want to get one but im terrifying for the countless stories about bricks instead the product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon