Left Handed mode on a 1520

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
After experiencing the camera app in denim i realized how badly this big phone needs a left-handed mode for users who are left handed.

Mind you, for someone left handed, literally just about everything in life is biased for those who are right handed; desks, gaming mice, guitars... to name a few. Another important thing to add to this list are smartphone operating systems.

I can get around fine, but the large size of the phone really accentuates how hard it is for a user holding the phone in their left hand to navigate. Taking the top prize for blatant right-handed bias is the new Lumia camera app that comes with denim; while a right handed user barely has to move their thumb to access virtually every camera option (must be nice!!!!!!!!), to toggle these options while using the phone in your left hand requires a lot of extra effort- which defeats the purpose of the layout entirely. Almost to the point where I'm irritated. Is there nobody at Microsoft or Nokia with a left hand who said "hey, can you make an option to put these on the other side for left handed users?"

Any left handed 1520 users here? How do you feel?:amaze:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am left handed, but I haven't gotten the Denim update, since I bought the 1520.3. But even the version of the Lumia camera app on my phone is designed for right handed use. When taking pictures in landscape mode, I almost always hold it and use the shutter button with my right finger, like with a "normal" camera. Nearly every time I've tried it any other way, my left hand blocks the camera bump.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon