Key backlights disabled in Battery Saver mode on Denim

anon(9000941)

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,

I have had Denim on my 1520 for a while now. (UK CV).
Yesterday, I had extensive usage of the phone and it slipped into battery saver mode at 20% - an abnormal occurrence for me.
Anyway, when Battery Saver enabled, the backlight behind the Back-Start-Search keys went out. And I was using the phone in the dark, walking home.
Upon regaining power, the lights came back again.
I tweeted Lumia on the mysterious occurrence which definitely did not happen in Cyan. Their response today seemed to indicate a fixable software thing - soft reset, see what happens. I have yet to try that.
I am just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this though.
An easy way to see: Enable "Now until next charge" in Battery Saver. Doing this on mine immediately extinguishes the backlight on the capacitive keys.

Thanks,
Ilmiont

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh I find this funny, because turning off the key's backlights when battery saver is on is how its supposed to be.

It was broken some time ago, meaning the display wouldn't dim nor would the keylights turn off when battery saver turned on and it was just recently fixed.

anon(9000941)

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Oh I find this funny, because turning off the key's backlights when battery saver is on is how its supposed to be.

It was broken some time ago, meaning the display wouldn't dim nor would the keylights turn off when battery saver turned on and it was just recently fixed.

Ah OK thanks. Actually, it would be more useful to leave the keylights on really.. It cant save much power and it makes it hard to use phone in dark.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Haha! This was a nightmare for me! Last Saturday I went with my brother to pick up two puppies. As you can imagine, my camera was in use ALL DAY! I took around 128 shots, including videos, sharing them to family members and friends. OH NO! My phone falls off the sofa onto the floor. In that SAME moment, my phone drops from 21%->20% and I thought I broke my phone! I was SO BUMMED! I couldn't charge it until I got home later that night. During the evening I was so sad and I thought "I've had the phone for the 10 days and look at it!!!" haha. After placing it on the charging pad at home I saw that they worked and investigated. haha. What a relief! xD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes