Where can I get AT&T MMS APN settings for my Nokia Lumia 1520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Please Help! I need AT&T MMS APN settings for nokia lumia 1520

I did a hard reset on my AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 and all went well except when I went to send pictures or video clips. Everything was working fine before the hard reset and now I can only send a text message. If I try to send a picture or video clip it get a message back saying "Can't send message Try again." Upon looking for help I came across a thread that said I need to try and manually enter the AT&T MMS APN settings for my Nokia Lumia 1520. The only problem is I can't seem to locate those settings. Can someone please share them with me here or link me to where I can find them.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Critical714

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Please Help! I need AT&T MMS APN settings for nokia lumia 1520

Did you check under settings>cellular+SIM>SIM settings?

Hi same guy who asked the question...just made a name real fast. Yeah I understand how to get to the sim settings but I was told there are specific mms apn settings you need to have entered from your wireless provider. I saw some people who said the settings should of automatically updated from AT&T but sometimes some users had to enter them manually. I'm trying to locate what the actual settings should be so I can try that out.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Could try this...

ttp://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424489

wouldn't let me add link for some reason...add "h" to url

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Straight from the link Likwidz gave.

Capture.JPG

Critical714

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site

Well I tried those settings and it didn't work. There is no option for me to change the INTERNET APN settings. I can see that the APN type is set to IPV4 but when I go to manually change it, that line showing the IPV4 is no longer there and therefore I can't edit that at all. Either way my internet works fine whether on cell data or wifi.

I edited the MMS APN settings with the ones shown above and it did not work either. I then tried to edit MMS APN settings again with the same settings shown above EXCEPT I changed the IPV4V6 to just IPV4 and I can now send pictures. I know in the picture above it says to have the mms apn IP type set to ipv4v6 but it only worked with IPV4. Altough that fixed my ability to send pictures I still can't send video clips. The videos won't compress, it just says video size it too big to send in this message. I tried changing the recording from 1080 to 720 and still got the same response. It's not the length either because I did a 2 second video and that gives me the same response as well. I'm so confused right now.

Everything worked fine before my hard reset and my update to windows 8.1. That was the whole reason I did the hard reset a while back. After my software went to 8.1 I could still send pictures but my ability to send video clips stopped working. Once I did a hard reset not only were my video clips not working but as you can see I lost the ability to send pictures as well. So now I can send pictures again but back to square one with the videos. UGHHH I suppose I may need to contact AT&T customer support.

Critical714

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site

Ok so I messed around with the settings some more..followed the link/picture that you guys gave me and got everything to work after updating the settings and then restarting my phone. Only thing that was different from what your link/picture showed me was the ipv4v6 part. On both the INTERNET APN AND MMS APN. The other settings were fine but I actually needed to have my MMS APN IP TYPE as ipv4 not ipv4v6 to make it work. Internet apn was already set to ipv4 as I said in my last message. The first time I did the settings like that I did not restart the phone. This time I did and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2