Can I use my 128GB card on my Nokia Lumia 1520?

Palash Sharma

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
can I use 128GB card on my Nokia Lumia 1520?

I am getting to buy a new SanDisk 128GB micro sd card UHS-1 will it support in my Lumia 1520? I am a video recording freak so I am getting it. Does Lumia 1520 supports it. I on Windows phone 8.1 update and Lumia denim OS and 32 GB memory internal model. Please help guys..

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: can I use 128GB card on my Nokia Lumia 1520?

You'll probably find it works ok. But you'll not get an official answer because, well, 128GB cards didn't exist when the manual was written.

Palash Sharma

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: can I use 128GB card on my Nokia Lumia 1520?

What it is the format it comes in? Fat32 or exfat? Can you show me some screenshots? I'm about to buy

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
128 Gig. Yikes. That's a big card. I'm using 32 gig at the moment. I might bump up to 64 but any larger I'd be asking for trouble.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
128 Gig. Yikes. That's a big card. I'm using 32 gig at the moment. I might bump up to 64 but any larger I'd be asking for trouble.

If ya read the OP I think the move is motivated by 4K vid. If you frequent concerts or events and like the highest quality capture...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If ya read the OP I think the move is motivated by 4K vid. If you frequent concerts or events and like the highest quality capture...

No problem with him having it. I'm just thinking about the shier overload of stuff that would be for me if I had it! As it is, spending time on Windows Central is filling my phone with alacrity. lol.

Johnry Fairbanks

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
I came across this posting wondering how not just the Nokia 1520 but perhaps other Lumias might work with a large GB microSD card. I was going to pull the trigger and buy 128GB microsd. But in searching for that I came to find out there was a card double that size. Which is nuts how fast things are changing. Well anyways I was able to buy the 256GB for less than $50. That too blew my mind. I have one of the cheapest Lumias it's a 635. It's like one of those free phones you get prepaid. Well I popped it in and it recognized the size immediately. No formatting, no nothing. I hope this helps those non believers or anyone wondering.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I came across this posting wondering how not just the Nokia 1520 but perhaps other Lumias might work with a large GB microSD card. I was going to pull the trigger and buy 128GB microsd. But in searching for that I came to find out there was a card double that size. Which is nuts how fast things are changing. Well anyways I was able to buy the 256GB for less than $50. That too blew my mind. I have one of the cheapest Lumias it's a 635. It's like one of those free phones you get prepaid. Well I popped it in and it recognized the size immediately. No formatting, no nothing. I hope this helps those non believers or anyone wondering.

See if you can actually store 200 GB of data on that card because it sounds just too good to be true and fake cards are hardly unheard of.

Johnry Fairbanks

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
Yes I bought a Samsung EVO Plus 256GB microSDHC. I had all my music transferred to it. Which was 197GB. The phone had windows 8.1. So I used the Microsoft Windows Companion phone app and it copied directly from iTunes. I put it in my Lumia 635 it scanned for a few minutes then showed that I did have 197Gb on it and from there I just chose a music app. For me I used Modern Music. Works great! I also tried it on my LGV10. It recognized it immediately. It works perfectly!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes