lumia 1520 GDR2 installed

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I purposely use Windows Insider app to download GDR2 and while it is downloading, I uninstalled Windows Insider app as I wouldn't want it to update to Windows 10 Technical Preview.
So far my 1520 is rock solid stable and it does seems faster!
I got a Lumia 920 spare phone which I already updated to the technical preview. Major set back for me is the Photos app totally sucks big time which is holding me from updating my main phone to it.

What is the issue with the photos app?

jvward

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to force GDR2 on my 1520, reverting my phone back to 8.1 after having upgraded to 10 a few times, but every time join my phone to the fast track it directly downloads Windows 10 and not Update 2. Anyone have any thoughts?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to force GDR2 on my 1520, reverting my phone back to 8.1 after having upgraded to 10 a few times, but every time join my phone to the fast track it directly downloads Windows 10 and not Update 2. Anyone have any thoughts?

The only people who are getting GDR2 have Windows Insider App with an R2 build. Apparently. I have no idea who or how people are getting this build. I have 3 phones and they all got R1, which goes right to W10.

jvward

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to dupe the upgrade process like there was earlier on to get Win10 on unsupported devices, to get GDR2 on R1 devices?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to dupe the upgrade process like there was earlier on to get Win10 on unsupported devices, to get GDR2 on R1 devices?

Not that I know of. I wonder if you could sideload an R2 build version... I dont have dev tools or whatever to sideload, though.

Seems like in WP7.5 you could sideload a small number of apps for free before you had to pay... Dunno how that works, now.

Xda-developers might have info, I didn't bother to check.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Remember guys, if you didn't get gdr2 and went to 10, you already have almost all gdr2 features anyway. Except for the new settings look and the "all apps" on the start screen.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Remember guys, if you didn't get gdr2 and went to 10, you already have almost all gdr2 features anyway. Except for the new settings look and the "all apps" on the start screen.

That's true, but some of us just didn't want 10, as is. Plus, who knows, Update 2 could have also brought undocumented optimizations.

GK Wong

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What is the issue with the photos app?

- It loads new pictures very slow.
- Can't select specific Month/year to view by tapping the date.
- No album view
- When viewing a photo, the Edit button cannot let us select to use which app for image editing. For photography enthusiast, this is very important.
- The app randomly crash or sometimes won't even launch.

Yash Dabhi

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Re:my lumia 1520 didn't get GDR2 yet!!!!

i got an update this morning...but it was not what i expected....there is no change....after update...wp_ss_20150717_0002.jpg:eck::straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes