Phone acting haywire

anthonyronning0

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Got this phone 3 months ago. It's been great, besides the touch when scrolling problem, but very satisfied upgrade from 920.

However, since this past week, it's been acting very strange a lot. I'll have a problem once every day or two where it zooms in really big? Is that an enhanced setting I'm missing?

Besides that, the main problem, multiple times a day, it will just flat out become nonresponsive. The screen will be going up and down really fast, the search button acts as if I keep pressing it, sometimes I can hit the home button still, sometimes it's unresponsive like the screen, thus forcing me to restart it. Sometimes immediately after restarting, I'll have the problem again and again.

It's barely even 4 months old, if that. I guess I should restore it? I might upgrade to win10 if I have to wipe it anyways. Anyone know what's up?

I don't want it to come down to this, but the S6 edge looks pretty nice, and I do have an upgrade available. I would like to wait for a flagship in the fall, but idk. Anyone have any comments about the edge?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The zooming comes from "ease of access" settings. Specifically, "magnifier".

The other problems, I'm not sure. Remember, some apps have been known to make phones act wonky, so go through your apps and see if other ppl have those problems.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I suspect the problem is the recent denim firmware, I have the same problem since a week, I gave it to Nokia care and they told me it will take 2 weeks time to send it to factory

If its hardware problem, it should be there since I bought the phone

and more over all the complaints regarding the issue are after denim update

Least likely would be a screen bent when placed in tight jeans pocket etc which may not be visible but damaged the digitizer

I will update the issue once I get my mobile back from factory

anthonyronning0

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
The zooming comes from "ease of access" settings. Specifically, "magnifier".

The other problems, I'm not sure. Remember, some apps have been known to make phones act wonky, so go through your apps and see if other ppl have those problems.

That makes sense, and it might actually be the case sometimes. But the weird thing is that sometimes the problem exists after a fresh reboot, without opening any apps. I'm going to install windows 10 a little later today, then possibly go back down to a fresh wipe of 8.1. I think it might help. I didn't have this problem before.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
That makes sense, and it might actually be the case sometimes. But the weird thing is that sometimes the problem exists after a fresh reboot, without opening any apps. I'm going to install windows 10 a little later today, then possibly go back down to a fresh wipe of 8.1. I think it might help. I didn't have this problem before.
Why do you think that installing windows 10 would be a good idea? It's a technical preview (not even Beta stage yet) while Developer preview is more stable. Unless you're just trying to get a feel of it. Flashing it should solve your issues, I've had to flash mine a number of times to make sure it worked fine. If you're still having issues after that. I suggest sending it in while your warranty is still active.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
In regards to the edge, played with it at best buy this weekend, it is a beautiful phone and the wrap around screen feels great. However, the phone is almost irreparable and the relatively small non-removable battery are huge drawbacks. The next note would be a better investment if they bring over the galaxy 6/edge design.

anthonyronning0

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the comment about the edge. I think I will hold off.

About my reasoning for win10, if I have to flash it, I wanted to get a preview of win10 before I do that. I know it's more of a pain to live with and use, but nothing wrong with a peek.

Regardless, besides app crashes that are typical of a technical preview, it fixed the weird issues I was having. I don't do much besides text, call, email, or browse the web, so I think I will keep the preview until I get annoyed. Then reflash down. My only annoying complain is the damn period button when I try to hit the space.

anthonyronning0

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Least likely would be a screen bent when placed in tight jeans pocket etc which may not be visible but damaged the digitizer

I will update the issue once I get my mobile back from factory

After further investigation, it actually seems like something is going on with the screen. It seems to be pressing in the bottom right when it's not supposed to. Sometimes the backspace button with be nonstop activating when I am trying to unlock my phone. Other times cortana won't stop coming up. Doing a small bend towards the bottom of the phone fixes this.

Thinking about it now... When you press the search button, it vibrates (if you have it activated and I do). When the phone is acting weird and seems like it keeps pressing the search button, it doesn't vibrate.. Not sure what that means, but the issue always resolves itself by carefully bending it slightly.

Please, an update will be nice. Not sure if I am eligible to send it back to factory. I bought this phone on craiglist in January. It was originally bought new in september by someone else. I got the original receipt but not sure how I would go about sending it back for repairs.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After further investigation, it actually seems like something is going on with the screen. It seems to be pressing in the bottom right when it's not supposed to. Sometimes the backspace button with be nonstop activating when I am trying to unlock my phone. Other times cortana won't stop coming up. Doing a small bend towards the bottom of the phone fixes this.

Thinking about it now... When you press the search button, it vibrates (if you have it activated and I do). When the phone is acting weird and seems like it keeps pressing the search button, it doesn't vibrate.. Not sure what that means, but the issue always resolves itself by carefully bending it slightly.

Please, an update will be nice. Not sure if I am eligible to send it back to factory. I bought this phone on craiglist in January. It was originally bought new in september by someone else. I got the original receipt but not sure how I would go about sending it back for repairs.
If you bought it this year Jan, check the warranty in you country or call customer care number if any

In India we have customer care units called "Nokia Care" where you can go and submit your phone for repair either in warranty (free) or out of warranty(paid)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon