When to Switch to a 1520 or its Successor

dlcpa

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note 2 and my battery life has gone down as I add more apps, especially those that are live and constantly updating. But, I have two batteries and a separate battery wall charger, so who cares. I wish the 1520 had a separate battery. I use my phone a lot!

One app that is important to me is mlb baseball.I didn't see Windows Phone listed as usable devices. Is that possible? It's on some many devices.

Does anyone have a feeling for when the next 1520 like phone is coming out? Will that be for Windows 10? Any chance of a replacable battery and micro SD card?

I think Bill Gates should go on shark tank and get one of those incredible marketers to replace Satya Nadella, who appears to be a complete washout to me. Again, Microsoft is still an American company as Apple is not in any way American, only to bleed us dry. Why not use that and let people know that Apple screwed us and Microsoft is still here. Is it still here? It's one thing to make phones in China and yet another to expatriate all your assets from the United States and pay no taxes here.

I don't get it why Microsoft doesn't connect with the hundreds of millions of people who use Windows for business apps on their desktops and laptops, especially Office and let them know how seemless the link is from Windows 7 to Windows Phone. The Microsoft Office Outlook app for Android is nothing like the contacts database in Windows Phone.

dlcpa

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note 2 and my battery life has gone down as I add more apps, especially those that are live and constantly updating. But, I have two batteries and a separate battery wall charger, so who cares. I wish the 1520 had a separate battery. I use my phone a lot!

One app that is important to me is mlb baseball.I didn't see Windows Phone listed as usable devices. Is that possible? It's on some many devices.

Does anyone have a feeling for when the next 1520 like phone is coming out? Will that be for Windows 10? Any chance of a replacable battery and micro SD card?

Windows Phone does have MLB At Bat. It's just a bit slow, in my opinion. Hopefully the Windows 10 version will be a bit more optimized. See the app here: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/at-bat/4546013f-eed1-4a05-b14e-c51de3414ec1

The current 1520 has exceptional battery life, by the way. I'm sure it blows any Samsung Phablet out of the water on that front. Check out these battery tests. Granted, these are from December 2013.

Nokia Lumia 1520 battery life test - GSMArena Blog

As far as a successor the 1520 goes, there have been some pretty good spec leaks here: Specs revealed for two new Windows 10 flagship phones from Microsoft | Windows Central

The lumia 1520 successor specs are listed as follows:

5.7 inch QHD display
Qualcomm-based eight core processor
3GB of RAM
32GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot
20MP rear camera
5MP front facing camera,
3300 mAh removable battery

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
You appear to be less interested in a good user experience and more interested in apps and widgets. My suggestion would be to wait until the ones you want are available on Windows 10 for phones and make a decision from there.

dlcpa

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I like that Cityman. I went to the link because my latop was scrolling on it's own and didn't see your specs. Sounds great and if they only tell America about it and how it links to Office and this one to a laptop. I like the removable battter and sd card the best. Hope it has rounded edges. Says 2nd ha;f, that means next April. :)

What about Swipe, does Windows Phone have that?

dlcpa

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I use apps a lot and the interface has to be smooth but I don't care how it looks. I don't unlock the phones and plaI like my pen on the Note 2, I hate the contacts database...not hate,, it truncates the Note field.....ironic it's that field. I have a lot of apps and links to web pages I use a lot. The sound of the Note 2 is pretty great, as I just got Amazon Music and it sounds super. Is this site crzy tonight, I keep getting a message about a debugging script and it freezes

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I like that Cityman. I went to the link because my latop was scrolling on it's own and didn't see your specs. Sounds great and if they only tell America about it and how it links to Office and this one to a laptop. I like the removable battter and sd card the best. Hope it has rounded edges. Says 2nd ha;f, that means next April. :)

What about Swipe, does Windows Phone have that?

Yeah, the specs of Cityman get me excited too. Specultation is that Microsoft will not launch these flagships until later in the year. Probably October or November.

Windows Phone does have a "Swype" like keyboard. It's built into the operating system. We call it "Word Flow." Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM60BZUTOC8

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3