is my screen dying?

RedDawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I am about to lose my mind with my phone. The screen will just stop responding to scrolling and I have to hit the power button and then go back in and it will work just fine for a little bit. Anyone had this and was able to fix it? The screen has no scratches and I keep it super clean. I've never dropped the phone and I don't ever put it in my front pocket.

I am really looking forward to seeing what the Windows 10 phones have to offer but my 920's screen died and the 1520's screen is totally acting the fool lately....no faith in the hardware. Also I'd rather not go iPhone or Android.

​I might have to put my SIM in my old Focus to wait for the Win10 phones. It's still working like a champion.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Some possibilities here:
If this happens with the 4G data radio running, the back gets hot (doesn't have to stay hot), and there are ghost touches then it could be an overheating issue.
If it happens with ghost touches while being charged its a ground issue.
No ghosting, phone idle, digitizer stops responding would indicate a problem with the digitizer. The act of turning the screen off then back on resets the digitizer's chip up to a point. Enough errors and it will require a soft reset to bring it back. This can be the digitizer's ground (if it has one, some aftermarket units do not) or the digitizer is flexed/broken and needs replacement if you cannot bend the screen back flat and it starts working normally.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
oh and if squeezing the top left corner of the glass (not above the lcd) causes ANYTHING, it's the digitizer's ground.

RedDawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah it's never locked up where I had to soft reset. No idea. We'll I'll ride it out as long as I can just with my second Nokia with an F'd up screen im not AS excited about the 940XL

RedDawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
squeezing the upper left seems to fix the unresponsive screen.

ugh. Dont know if it will last til the fall and I do not want an iphone or android.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
oh and if squeezing the top left corner of the glass (not above the lcd) causes ANYTHING, it's the digitizer's ground.
My screen is busted up in that corner and I can see those bits as there is no glass there. I was wondering what that was.

Oddly, I have no digitizer or screen issues with my innards hanging out like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon