Moving to 640 XL

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Owner before of the 1320, I was very satisfied and happy with the phone.

Big screen and not have any issue: good network reception including LTE, the 720 resolution was good enough, the touch screen never let me down, impressive nearly no fingerprint, good battery life, easy to old for a 6" , Internal 8gb a little bit small but with an external 64gb sd card not a problem, good processor and 1gb internal ram for my use, etc... the only little disappointment was about the low spec front and back camera (5MP and vga).

Happy guy, I decided to buy the 1520 and I have been disappointed with some important crucial points (not a lot, but important enough to be seriously concerned): poor network reception (what is the point the have a phone if you cannot received call or call somebody), not easy to hold in the hand (fall on the floor once but I was fortunate and it was ok with no scratches - it is not easy to hold the phone when when taking photo or selfie), some issue with the touch screen (I think people call that "phantom touch")., the wireless charging tag (QI) is not positioning right (not in a middle back but to the third bottom of the phone) therefore it doesn't hold the position on a standard QI device charger or you have to buy a specific nokia one (expensive). all this issues have not balanced the positive spec of the phone: Very good camera front (20MP) but still a low spec front one (1.2MP), excellent display quality (1920X1080) but more finger print than the 1320, Excellent video in 4k, Large internal memory (32GB), NFC but never really used, excellent speed processor and large internal ram (2GB), WIFI on AC, Good battery life.

Therefore I have just sold mine and bought the new 640 XL dual sim: sound good for me because it seems to be the next generation of the 1320 with a good back and front camera (13MP and 5MP), a 720 screen resolution like the 1320, a dual Sim including at least one on LTE, 5.7" should be better to hold with the hand, ready for Win10, but only 8GB internal so I will install a 64GB external SD card; 1 gb ram should be fine like the 1320. and bought it new at ?144 in UK (Microsoft Lumia 640 XL (Orange) LTE RM1096 8GB Quad-core Dual SIM Free / Unlocked).

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Seems it works for you but I cant see any scenario for me where any current low end WP device measures up to the 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon