Lumia 1520 Heating Corners

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I recently screwed my phone by placing the phone in window for network coverage during rain. As the rain water spilled over it and few drops got it and brought me some weird issue.

1) Capacitive lights are not working . Only back arrow light didn't work.
2) Mic also not working.

I take it to Nokia care and got it fixed without warranty since it is two year old.

And the technician told be that he changed many spare parts and he make use of 1320 spare and got it fixed.

And now I feel my phone is getting very hot while charging and warm during normal usage in the top right corner of back side.

Can anyone confirm me weather it is normal?

I don't see heating issue on my other Lumia 1320 and 640 xl

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
It is normal for the 1520 to heat up in that area whilst charging and under load, That is probably where the processor is placed inside 😕??

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
It is normal for the 1520 to heat up in that area whilst charging and under load, That is probably where the processor is placed inside ��??

Yes, that's right. Also, it is quite likely the technician assembled it without the heat spreader. This is a thermally conductive foil that takes the heat from the processor and conducts it away over a large surface area, thus helping to cool the processor and prevent the uncomfortable hot spot.

It is quite difficult to remove the foil without either tearing it or getting it wrinkled up and stuck to itself. If the technician didn't have a suitable replacement foil it may well be that he assembled it without the foil. No harm will be done, apart from the CPU throttling itself back under extreme loads (such as gaming).

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's right. Also, it is quite likely the technician assembled it without the heat spreader. This is a thermally conductive foil that takes the heat from the processor and conducts it away over a large surface area, thus helping to cool the processor and prevent the uncomfortable hot spot.

It is quite difficult to remove the foil without either tearing it or getting it wrinkled up and stuck to itself. If the technician didn't have a suitable replacement foil it may well be that he assembled it without the foil. No harm will be done, apart from the CPU throttling itself back under extreme loads (such as gaming).

Thanks. I will check with him regarding this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2