The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-28-2017 02:15 PM
30 12
tools
    Sorry to disappoint you guys here but this is not a "solution". What you seeing here is simply the result from tearing down the phone down and putting it back together. Everything getting aligned a bit different compared to before which is sometimes enough to get proper contact for a while. But that is temporary only. Even the torque of a single screw can be the "solution". But again that is all not permanent. I confirmed this with my phone. And I neversaw anybody whi got the issue fixed with those kind of homebrew hacks. Successfull results I have only seen after replacement of the screen assembly.
    Last edited by sebr; 10-28-2016 at 06:23 PM.
    Wam1q likes this.
    10-28-2016 05:52 PM
    i faced this problem two weeks ago so i decided to open my phone.
    the solution is to cover the IC and resistors or capacitors of the touch screen with electrical tape to prevent those components from contacting/grounding the metal shield of the motherboard.
    Attachment 120809

youtube for disassembly guide.

i cant open my old acc.
    reimon23

hi, I managed to solve mine with thermal paste on the chip that is on the side of the camera, it helped a lot. more before I tried your idea of ​​putting a tape on the chip that is under the board and it did not work, it has a super heating on another chip, turn it on and see for yourself where it gets hot. the bug still fails but very little, almost nothing, I can use the device normally.
    nate0 likes this.
    09-06-2017 09:22 AM
    Sorry to disappoint you guys here but this is not a "solution". What you seeing here is simply the result from tearing down the phone down and putting it back together. Everything getting aligned a bit different compared to before which is sometimes enough to get proper contact for a while. But that is temporary only. Even the torque of a single screw can be the "solution". But again that is all not permanent. I confirmed this with my phone. And I neversaw anybody whi got the issue fixed with those kind of homebrew hacks. Successfull results I have only seen after replacement of the screen assembly.
    I replaced my screen 3 weeks ago and that is when it actually started to happen. Took it appart again, put some Electrical tape, and still it would not help. So, I am more inclied to believe it is related to heat and/or like mentioned ealrlier some staic discharge of some sort. I might try anti stic tape instead of electrcal tape next time I take it apart.
    09-07-2017 07:27 PM
    One solution that seems to address all these concerns revolves around separation between the screen and digitizer....the solution I saw posted was to DELICATELY heat-gun the screen/digitizer, using a touchless digital thermometer to get the temp to 155-185:

from answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdtips/lumia-1520-screen-flickers-hangs/14096d6c-98d1-4fe3-bb31-690cae4555a6

this solution also makes sense in view of processor heating causing the screen and digitizer to expand/contract at different rates, and the problem seems to get worse when the processor gets warm. Ie, its a thermal exapnsion issue making a separation issue worse, which would explain why thermal pasting or providing a heat transfer path from the hot processor alleviates the symptoms somewhat
    nate0 likes this.
    11-10-2017 09:15 PM
    I had this problem pretty bad, then read some replies to a YouTube video where someone said the problem is putting the large phone in your tight pocket bends it. They said lay the phone screen down on a flat glass surface and make sure all corners touch and do not rock or teeter. Mine did, I carefully bent the phone back to a flat position (pushing my thumbs on the case behind the screen) and now I have no more phantom finger! Now that I know what to look for, it is an easy fix.
    11-28-2017 02:15 PM
30 12