Battery not going beyond 77%

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi...

Just got myself a rather cheap 1520 - fired in the Insider app and got on the fast ring. However.. My battery doesn't go beyond 77%...

Any help?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi...

Just got myself a rather cheap 1520 - fired in the Insider app and got on the fast ring. However.. My battery doesn't go beyond 77%...

Any help?

Get the max amp charger that you can. Ideally 2.4+. Charge it for 24 hours, and then use it down to about 15%. Then repeat the process, possibly several times.

The battery is most likely old, and the device hasn't been used enough. If it has a removeable battery, you might try looking around for another too.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh thank you so much. I am now in the process of draining it. Once it goes down all the way till 0, and it shuts, i will charge it. Btw does this have anything to. Do with Windows 10? I hi f installed it on Fast ring.

Get the max amp charger that you can. Ideally 2.4+. Charge it for 24 hours, and then use it down to about 15%. Then repeat the process, possibly several times.

The battery is most likely old, and the device hasn't been used enough. If it has a removeable battery, you might try looking around for another too.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Oh thank you so much. I am now in the process of draining it. Once it goes down all the way till 0, and it shuts, i will charge it. Btw does this have anything to. Do with Windows 10? I hi f installed it on Fast ring.

I wouldn't go to zero. Maybe five percent. Full discharge on lithium isn't good for battery lifespan.

Personally I doubt its windows 10. It could be a weak charger, and sometimes battery calibration on the software side can take awhile to get the number right. You can get battery calibration software to try and fix that.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I plugged it in at 4% last night at12. By morning it was already 77%. From here on becomes very very excruciatingly slow. I've read around and quite a few peeps have the exact same issue. Wonder what causes it.

I wouldn't go to zero. Maybe five percent. Full discharge on lithium isn't good for battery lifespan.

Personally I doubt its windows 10. It could be a weak charger, and sometimes battery calibration on the software side can take awhile to get the number right. You can get battery calibration software to try and fix that.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I plugged it in at 4% last night at12. By morning it was already 77%. From here on becomes very very excruciatingly slow. I've read around and quite a few peeps have the exact same issue. Wonder what causes it.

How many amps is your charger that your charging on?

Phones don't typically need much, but in this case that slow crawl may benefit from throwing "all you have" at it.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry but how do i know that.. It is the original Nokia charger that's for sure. And oh now it's 82%. And it's been like 3 hours since it was 77%. Do you think it will go to 100%? Also, is the device worth keeping? I have a 950XL as well.. But on dark gloomy days, I wanted to use my flashy Yellow 1520 to brighten the day... :)

How many amps is your charger that your charging on?

Phones don't typically need much, but in this case that slow crawl may benefit from throwing "all you have" at it.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I am sorry but how do i know that.. It is the original Nokia charger that's for sure. And oh now it's 82%. And it's been like 3 hours since it was 77%. Do you think it will go to 100%? Also, is the device worth keeping? I have a 950XL as well.. But on dark gloomy days, I wanted to use my flashy Yellow 1520 to brighten the day... :)

Ah, that's good. Most likely what you find, is if you leave it overnight it'll go higher but not to 100%. Then discharge again, down to about 5-10% and repeat - the next time it should go higher. Eventually you should get to 100, and have a good battery again.

IDK how mechanically this works, but this seem to be what you do with flagging batteries (I've some personal experience)

Lithium batteries are weird little creatures, but I think you'll be able to breath life into it.

Chargers will have the amps written on them, or at least the watts (watts is amps times volts, and standard for USB 2.0 is 2 volts. So if it says 2W, its 1 amp. Hope that makes sense).

If you can find yourself a 2-2.5 amp usb 2.0 micro charger, like one usually used for a windows or android tablet, this will go much faster.

You can pick up such things from dollar stores pretty cheap. An apple ipad charger will do the trick (those are 2.5 amps). Or you might have such a thing lying around or a mate might have one.

Some phone chargers are just the old 1 amp standard. Which is normally fine for a phone, but with this battery we want it to be higher ideally, to get it as high each time, as we can in the shortest amount of time.

Amps is like the flow of water through the pipes. You can't have too many amps either (volts is the one you want exactly 5% within 2 volts for usb 2.0), it won't hurt your phone, it'll just charge quicker (which later on will be helpful anyway. I charge my little phone on 2.5 amps and it charges in no time flat)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It's 82 for the last 6 hours... :( the charger mostly likely is from my mom's 925 or dad's old 1320. What do I do now? It's not going above 82. Should I take it off the charger? It's not been 24 hours yet. Tonight at 1 (in Dubai) it will be 24 hours.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
It's 82 for the last 6 hours... :( the charger mostly likely is from my mom's 925 or dad's old 1320. What do I do now? It's not going above 82. Should I take it off the charger? It's not been 24 hours yet. Tonight at 1 (in Dubai) it will be 24 hours.

Yeah, go ahead and start discharging it now. (BTW its easier to charge when a device is off if I hadn't mentioned that). Once its discharged down to 5-10%, the next longer charging session should take it higher than this last one (as this one did).

If you can pick up a cheap charger at a dollar store that's closer to 2 amps or higher, for the next charge cycle (or borrow one), that'll help push it higher next time, and get there faster. It's a handy thing to have anyway to charge your device quicker.

Actually what I have in my house is a dedicated charging hub. You can get 3 ports x 2.4 amps off that badboy to charge phones and tablets and it only cost 40 bucks from a tech store. If you have more than one device, that's another angle to consider.

And if you can't afford or get either, that's all good. You should be able to slowly push that number up each time anyway.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Perfect. Took it off the wall. Now going to discharge it. I tried to shut it while charging but Lumia 1520 won't stay shut. I think none of the WP devices remain shut unlike Android.. But I really want to thank you for the support... Let me see how it goes from here.. Btw yesterday night 5% lasted for a good 45 minutes with heavy usage....

Yeah, go ahead and start discharging it now. (BTW its easier to charge when a device is off if I hadn't mentioned that). Once its discharged down to 5-10%, the next longer charging session should take it higher than this last one (as this one did).

If you can pick up a cheap charger at a dollar store that's closer to 2 amps or higher, for the next charge cycle (or borrow one), that'll help push it higher next time, and get there faster. It's a handy thing to have anyway to charge your device quicker.

Actually what I have in my house is a dedicated charging hub. You can get 3 ports x 2.4 amps off that badboy to charge phones and tablets and it only cost 40 bucks from a tech store. If you have more than one device, that's another angle to consider.

And if you can't afford or get either, that's all good. You should be able to slowly push that number up each time anyway.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Perfect. Took it off the wall. Now going to discharge it. I tried to shut it while charging but Lumia 1520 won't stay shut. I think none of the WP devices remain shut unlike Android.. But I really want to thank you for the support... Let me see how it goes from here.. Btw yesterday night 5% lasted for a good 45 minutes with heavy usage....

No worries man. I have an unusual amount of experience with batteries. Glad I've been able to help :)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Andddd it's already started dropping!!! It's 79% after first shut down and boot up... Now I'm worried..

You'll need to rinse and repeat, give it some time. It might be too poked, but I was able to extend the capacity of some batteries with less charge than this, so we'll see.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You'll need to rinse and repeat, give it some time. It might be too poked, but I was able to extend the capacity of some batteries with less charge than this, so we'll see.

Bro i dont know where to start.. Today a very strange thing happened... And now it's a big issue.. The phone reboots everytime it's upside down.. Don't know what the hell happened... I have a feeling this is a software bug... But I am afraid of the truth.. now I feel I've over paid for the phone

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Bro i dont know where to start.. Today a very strange thing happened... And now it's a big issue.. The phone reboots everytime it's upside down.. Don't know what the hell happened... I have a feeling this is a software bug... But I am afraid of the truth.. now I feel I've over paid for the phone

Oh dear. That ccould also be a hardware fault.

Well you could try a hard reset of the OS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes