Extremely delighted! Back in the first half of March, I ordered a new battery for my Lumia 1520 from ebay. The photo on ebay showed a date of 2017 on the battery, where as most battery photos on ebay show 2014 / 2015, so I felt fortunate to find a newer battery.

To my surprise, the battery just arrived and has a 2018-02-02 date. As long as it didn't suffer from shipping across the world in cold temperature, my Lumia 1520 should now get a second life for years to come.

Looking forward to performing surgery on my phone. Hopefully the operation will be a success.

I love my Lumia 1520 & Windows Phone 8.1.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that I find it really interesting that Lumia 1520 batteries are still being produced. Does anyone know of a more recent Nokia product which uses these batteries? Maybe that explains it?
    libra89 likes this.
    04-12-2018 08:04 PM
    What a cool find! I hope it works out well for you.
    04-12-2018 09:32 PM
    I would sooner believe you just got a quality third-party battery honestly but that's my take. That it's recently manufactured is promising and I'm happy that someone out there is still making them for a relatively obscure phone.

Hopefully its not a reprint.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-12-2018 10:15 PM
    Well, just finished my first ever "surgery" on a phone. Appeared to have successfully replaced the battery in my Lumia 1520. Phone appears to be working and is currently charging. We'll see if it charges to 100% or caps at 80% like other people have posted about.

There is a difference in the look of the original battery and new battery. Will post pics after phone charges and I snap a shot of the original. Original is glossy black, new is matte black. The ribbon cable looks identical and appears to be genuine OEM though. So either it's a knock off of OEM battery, or slight manufacturing change over the years.

My 1520 had the original style battery adhesive, so it was a slow, long process with lots of heat gun use. Looked like the crazy strong 3m double sided tape, 4 or 5 "chicklet" sized pieces. My solution (different from what I've seen on YouTube) was to stick a plastic rod under the battery and rotate it, rolling up the adhesive to the plastic rod.
    libra89 and fin11 like this.
    04-13-2018 11:14 PM
    Happy to announce that the phone charged to 100% last night (no getting stuck at 80%). Overnight, it only fell to 95%, where as with my original battery in it's current state, would have fallen to 20% or lower.

When I first got my Lumia 1520, the battery used to last over 2 days. For the last few months, I was barely getting 5-8 hours depending on use. Video recording would shut down the phone after 7 minutes of recording. Now I should be able to fearlessly record again (pending storage space).

The new battery has been a success!! I still need to post photos of the old and new batteries. :p

The new battery has apparently remedied the issues of my light sensor, gyroscope, and proximity sensor stopping to function until rebooted, then stopping to function again a short while later.
    libra89, fin11 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-14-2018 05:22 PM
    any idea which supplier you got this from?
    libra89 likes this.
    04-14-2018 05:51 PM
    This is the ebay listing: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=M9Mqfahy

Here are comparison photos which I took before and after changing the battery. You can see that the new battery has a matte finish, where as the original was glossy. Even though these photos don't show it well (since the new cable is flipped over), the ribbon cable is exactly the same between the two batteries.

lumia1520-battery-comparison-2018.jpg
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    04-18-2018 11:33 PM