lumia 1520 heating up a lot and shutting down with no reason

sooso eee

Apr 11, 2019
Visit site
hi, my lumia 1520 can stay for 3 days on a charge while on stdby but once i start using any demanding application (IE, maps, whatsapp...) it heats up like crazy if it is connected to a charger and if it is not connected it shuts down after a few seconds of use. this happens also when the battery is showing full charge. i heard it has to do with Cortana but i just installed windows 10 on it and cortana doesnt seem to be there at all or at least not activated...i used to love my 1520 but now its useless....can anyone suggest a solution?

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
What version of Windows 10? I have a newly bought refurb 1520, with the latest 1709 update and so far, I have not exhibited any of those problems. Have you reset the phone and set it back up as a new phone yet?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
hi, my lumia 1520 can stay for 3 days on a charge while on stdby but once i start using any demanding application (IE, maps, whatsapp...) it heats up like crazy if it is connected to a charger and if it is not connected it shuts down after a few seconds of use. this happens also when the battery is showing full charge. i heard it has to do with Cortana but i just installed windows 10 on it and cortana doesnt seem to be there at all or at least not activated...i used to love my 1520 but now its useless....can anyone suggest a solution?
It might be the battery. There use to be an app to troubleshoot the battery. I have never seen a 1520 reboot due to thermal threshold. It can get hot during daily use that's just how the SD800 worked on those phones though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes