LUMIA 2520 or SURFACE 2?

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
For anyone mentioning the LTE advantage, just remember that with Bluetooth 4.0 and internet sharing enabled on the phone, the shared wifi always shows up as a network you can select once the phone is paired. Though the phone says internet sharing is off and bluetooth not active, selecting the the network kicks on the sharing and once done the internet sharing shuts down on its own after a couple minutes. No need to pull your phone out of your pocket...

I have the 1020 with GDR3 and have used this several times recently. So cool to see it there.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
That does sound nice. I assume, however, that WiFi on the phone has to remain enabled for this to work. Or does Bluetooth 4.0 automatically turn it on when it is needed?

Darryl Dixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the 2520 from AT&T. I am considering returning it due to the lag and unresponsiveness when surfing the web. The response time is almost at an unacceptable level. And this is not a defect, it is the norm. When I was in best buy I compared the Surface, Ipad, Android 10.1, and the 2520. The 2520 was the only tablet that required you to tap the links several times in order to get a response. Another 2520 owner voiced his displeasure with the device for the same reason in one of the online reviews I read recently. And the keyboard situation seems like it could be another red flag to stay away from the 2520.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
There currently isn't a keyboard and no release date has been given.

Oh. I thought it was Jan or Feb. I didn't really pay attention because it is free and you can use a BT keyboard or even a regular USB keyboard till you get the keyboard case. You really can't beat $200 on contract for the tablet when bundled with the $99 1520 phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial