How do you connect Storyteller to the Lumia 1020?

Campater

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 (running Black of course), loaded with Nokia Storyteller and Nokia Share. However, despite multiple attempts, I cannot connect Storyteller on 2520. I made made sure that NFC on both devices is switched on. I open Storyteller on the 2520 and Share on the 1020. I then tap the two devices and hear the NFC chime. A message then appears on the phone - this tells me that I need open the Storyteller on the 2520 despite the fact that it is already open. Result = no progress. What am I missing??

JimmyRandall

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
No use to you but it works fine with my 920, but I just hate the app. Its slow buggy and just awful to use. Every time I go to map then select a gallery and come back out it will crash every time. Runs nice on the 920 tho.

Campater

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
No use to you but it works fine with my 920, but I just hate the app. Its slow buggy and just awful to use. Every time I go to map then select a gallery and come back out it will crash every time. Runs nice on the 920 tho.

Thank you but right now I can't even make the initial connection. How did you do it - in terms of the specific steps? I have succeeded in pairing my 1020 and 2520 via Bluetooth and even in sending a file from the former to the latter using Tap + Send (NFC). However, when I open Storyteller on the 2520, it still insists are no phones paired. If I then tap the phone, a message appears on the 1020 asking me to open Nokia Share - even when it's already open! If I then open (again) regardless, it tells me to open Storyteller on the tablet - even when it's already open - and "connect the phone", which I obviously cannot do because Storyteller RT thinks there is no phone there to connect to! If I attempt the tap without having Storyteller open on the 2520, I hear the chime but nothing appears on the tablet's screen - i.e. there no available actions!!! I can't help but feel I am missing something hugely obvious here!! Can anyone shed any light??
n't whether it's slow

JimmyRandall

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
From opening storyteller on the 2520 I selected connect to phone, held phone against 2520 making the phone chime. This showed on the phone I needed to install Nokia share. Did that and done the connect to phone again and it worked. Every time I go to “connect phone” on the 2520 it shows the phone and I press connect.
It’s the same way you’re doing it but for some reason yours aren’t connecting. Maybe try and reset both devices?

Campater

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. Belatedly, I did eventually fix the issue. It turned out that I was running out an out of date version of Extras + Info - yes, even after updating to Black and even despite not getting any notification of the update!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes