2520 Power Keyboard Magnet

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The right magnet has become unglued and constantly pulls out. Has anyone else had this issue and what kind of glue did you use to fix it?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
How long have you had the power keyboard cover? It will most likely just be easier to go back to where you got it from and replace it with a new one.

I have heard of ways of making magnets stronger but i don't think those methods last very long or would work for this.

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Was the freebie and was one of the many first people to receive it.

Not really looking to make it stronger. There are 2 long oval magnets that sit in the keyboard just under what would be the bottom of the tablet when its snapped in. The right side one popped out, and will physically pull itself out when putting in laptop mode. There is what appears to be glue on one side of it. When you look in the spot where the magnet goes, when its out, there is 2 small circles which I am assuming is sensors to know when its in laptop mode.

I am just wondering what glue would be better to glue it back. I know I would want something that doesn't vapor like super glue does, but also want something I dont have to reglue every week.

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
That sucks, I don't see why super glue wouldn't work, id contact Nokia and see what your options are, might be a defect, if theres one might be others, at least let them now or something

MICHAEL BELLO

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the freebie and nokia replaced it. Contact tic toc they will process the return. I had quality issues. Took them almost three weeks and received the replacement yesterday. I was the very first return lol freebie or not it was offered and warranty applies.

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the freebie and nokia replaced it. Contact tic toc they will process the return. I had quality issues. Took them almost three weeks and received the replacement yesterday. I was the very first return lol freebie or not it was offered and warranty applies.

Nice, but not familiar with who tic toc is. Should I just call Nokia, or you have the number?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes