when saving cropped pic I lost the original file in Lumia 520 windows 8

DJ Yasay

May 7, 2013
Visit site
:crying: hey guys.. i am using a Lumia 520. one of my favorite picture taken ofcourse by this phone, i tried cropping it using it's feature to edit a pic. and when i hit the save, i found out that the original file was overlapped by the cropped pic i just saved. is there any chance that i can retrieve the original file? please help. i want that picture back to its original. I thought once you save an edited picture, it will save it into another file and not by replacing the original one. someone can tell me how to retrieve it? i do really need your help.. thanks

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't think there is a way to undo what you've done on the phone by cropping the original because that one gets overwritten with the cropped image. However, hopefully you have auto backup turned on for your pictures. If so, there will be a copy of the original on Skydrive.

GhadeerB

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Ofcourse you can retrieve it .. Go to the edited picture, press on edit, you'd have the option of choosing the program, click on Lumia Creative studio, click on the 3 dots at the bottom right, you'd get some options, one of which is revert to original, press on it then Voal? you would retrieve your original photo without the editing .. It worked for me try it out ...

Inuyasha yagami

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
I got the same problem, so I asked my friend to send me the picture again on whatsapp, but that picture got automatically cropped like the one saved in my phone. Its stupid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon