Lumia 520 - A little help?

S_Maqbool

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi .. I just bought a Lumia 520 and there's something weird that happens .. Sometimes (not all the times) when i lock the phone, the screen doesn't directly go to black but rather goes sort of dark grey once and takes 4-5 seconds before going black .. It sort of 'lags' before locking .. Is that normal, or should i be concerned about that? I have a few days in which i can return the phone so any help would be really appreciated =)

Also, I'm thinking of swapping it for the 8s .. Is the memory problem really that bad in the 8s? Because i don't use a lot of apps ( I have about 4-5 small games and 6-7 apps on my lumia and there isn't a big memory usage ) .. Thanks for any help =)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the 8s has only 4gb of memory which is smaller than you want.

I wouldnt worry about that delay in locking. While it is on that greyish screen, can you unlock it right away?

S_Maqbool

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the 8s has only 4gb of memory which is smaller than you want.

I wouldnt worry about that delay in locking. While it is on that greyish screen, can you unlock it right away?

No I can't unlock it or lock it either .. It stays on that screen for about 4-5 seconds and then locks itself

S_Maqbool

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
And right now, i took it off charging and went to my conversations and it went to the grey screen again on its own .. So I clicked the power button and it locked then

S_Maqbool

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
And one more thing, is the heating normal? Even in moderate use it starts getting warm but not excessively hot .. Just now i played one level of Asphalt and it went quite warm so i had to close it

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Asphalt is an intense game, playing anything intense would make the processor work at full speed without throttling hence causing higher battery consumption and heat dissipation

kumar_rajan5000

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine also have lock problem. This is a lag of wp8. Heating is not normal. Go get checked to service center if warming more enough. Mine gets hot only when I use heavly while charging.

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Heating IS normal! Its a plastic case, so obviously, it WILL get heated. Its is normal and nothing to worry about it.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

S_Maqbool

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Heating IS normal! Its a plastic case, so obviously, it WILL get heated. Its is normal and nothing to worry about it.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Okay thanks.. I was just being paranoid .. I had a Sola before this and that used to get warm but only after long use .. This gets warm after 5 minutes of facebook or instagram .. Or even if i keep texting continuously for some time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac