Internet Sharing: Surprised at how well it worked.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
So, my power went out for a few hours at home the other day. Wanting to check my power company's site for updates, I picked up my 520. But, rather than browse on the phone, I decided to finally try Internet Sharing and connect my Surface 2.

Well, it was dead simple and I was online with my surface in seconds. According to Speedtest.net, I was getting 1.5Mbps, but the experience was more than acceptable and still much, much, faster than IE on the phone.

Anyway, I really was impressed with the feature. :)

Bull1shbuy3r

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been using it as my wifi hotspot for the last 2 months (currently living abroad) and it is amazing! Ive only had one issue with this phone: today power button stopped working, so theres no way for me to unlock unless I receive a notification...

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been using it as my wifi hotspot for the last 2 months (currently living abroad) and it is amazing! Ive only had one issue with this phone: today power button stopped working, so theres no way for me to unlock unless I receive a notification...

Haha.. If you have set the Camera button to work when your phone is locked, then long pressing the camera button for 4-5 seconds should start the camera and you would be able to access your phone then!

Bull1shbuy3r

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Haha.. If you have set the Camera button to work when your phone is locked, then long pressing the camera button for 4-5 seconds should start the camera and you would be able to access your phone then!

What a joke!
You don't know much about wp mate do you? that only works when the screen is on, in order to do so you still need to press the unlock button...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2