Internet Sharing not working on a Nokia Lumia 520 with H2O service?

JamesPierce

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 AT&T GoPhone yesterday and went down to the phone store and setup a plan with H2O. Calling and Texting work fine, they were supposed to call me and configure my 4G for me but they never did, so I figured it out on my own.

So my 4G, Calling, and Texting work fine now but I cannot do Internet Sharing, everytime I enable internet sharing it pops up a message saying
"To enable tethering on this device, go to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...olam%2FloginAction.olamexecute&token=jL2Z7R0o or call 611".

So I went to the website and I dont have my username or password, so I tried calling 611 and it tells me nothing about Internet Sharing/Tethering.
Can I internet share with H2O?

SKFlynn

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You can not Share internet on the Go Phone plan... you need to be a monthly (on plan) subscriber to utilize the net sharing.. or (rumored) a non-AT&T branded phone

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
You can not Share internet on the Go Phone plan... you need to be a monthly (on plan) subscriber to utilize the net sharing.. or (rumored) a non-AT&T branded phone

Well, another solutions would be to flash the phone to a generic rom, although i don't understand all that bull**** with the internet plans in USA, in my country my isp doesn't give a **** of what do i do with my data as long as i pay, and i could thether out of the box, i have the lowest data plan, but even with a prepaid plan(i tried with another sim) i could still thether.

Lalit Thawani

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

You mentioned the below.
"Calling and Texting work fine, they were supposed to call me and configure my 4G for me but they never did, so I figured it out on my own."

I am having the same problem, can you share how you fixed it ?

-lalit

TheProfessorX

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I also have the lumia 520 and I get the same message.
I have a spare iPhone 4 that I stuck the go phone chip into and everything works fine including the personal hotspot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas