New comer to wp nokia 520. Works pretty good, like it. Problem, try to download Nokia maps. It got interrupted, and restart another one, got interrupted and restart the 3rd time.
    Now it said I have no room to dl anything. Questions:

1) how to remove partially download maps? Does Nokia maps has utility to manage/delete partial download maps? Or install a file manager sort utility to manage file?
    2) How to tell Nokia Maps to dl to SD instead of precious phone storage? if not, can one move the maps after download?

TIA,

bun
    02-04-2014 09:28 PM
    To delete maps go to Here Maps in the three dot menu go to download maps then tap download maps. There you will see the maps that are downloaded. In the three dot menu you will see delete all maps. if that doesn't get it for you let us know.
    bunanson likes this.
    02-04-2014 09:35 PM
    Thanks Dave for the quick response. Here Maps>3 dots> download maps > "download new maps" or "update current maps"

click download new maps or update both give me error, "You need 2.9 G space... please free up some room." And this is a new phone, I have not dl or installed anything other then, resume map dl 3 times

This is Lumia 520, WP 8.0, brand new, less than 60 min of life, got it today!

bun
    02-04-2014 09:41 PM
    Try running this app:

Storage Cleaner | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Check you memory before you run the app. In setting memory phone storage. After the app runs perform a restart on you phone by powering of and on again. Then check you memory again to see if you have enough space for maps.
    02-04-2014 09:49 PM
    Before running, 2.27G free space, after running, "your phone is low on space..." I ran it again for the 2nd time after deleting all the temp files.. Apparantly, the storage cleaner is making temp files on the free space, odd. At the end of the program, zero space left, I now reboot the phone, it is 2.29G. Oh well, I am going to reset the phone again. Thanks for your help. I will re post after reset the phone

BTW, what is a good free app to monitor space, like a file manager or storage analysis, some explorer UI. TIA

After reset to factory, phone started with 4.60 free space on a 8G Lumia 520

bun
    Last edited by bunanson; 02-04-2014 at 10:58 PM.
    02-04-2014 10:18 PM
    That Storage Cleaner app should be pulled from the App Store as it did nothing to free any space on my L520 either.
    02-04-2014 11:51 PM