Lumia 520 MMS on H20?

Steve_in_US

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the process of switching phone companies AND phones. I bought a H2O sim to try in my OLD nokia e63 and got internet/mms setup and working fine. After reading the Lumia 520 works on H20 I bought one today. No matter what I do I cannot get the MMS to work. Internet is working fine.

Does anyone have a working MMS configuration for the 520 on H20? I tried one I found for the 920, but still nothing. H2O support is no help.

Steve_in_US

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, but those don't work either. The only difference was that I assume had the IP address of the WAP gateway. Tried the proxy.mvno.H2OMobileweb.com with no luck.

Worked with H2O tech support and they have no idea either. That's why I'm hoping someone has it working on their phone.

emnuel12

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Its working on mine the way I show you,have you tried a reboot after you change mms apn ? I had problems with that ,first time I change apn.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Steve_in_US

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
thanks for trying emnuel & Shawn. none of those settings are making anything work.

Emnuel, those setting are working on a Lumia520 with h20? My old nokia e63 works just fine but no matter what I or H2O support puts in MMS does not work.

emnuel12

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have a lumia 520 with H2O $30 dolar plan and those settings made it for me 😊

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Steve_in_US

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
***Update***

Even though I checked for updates over the weekend and installed them, there was a boatload of pending updates on my phone this morning. One of them was for Access Point. I let the updates run and after they were done I rebooted. When it came back on I sent a MMS to my workphone. It worked!!!!

Thanks for your help everyone. Turns out it was a phone issue.

For the next person who googles upon this solution...Don't use the "Cellular" to set the internet/mms apn. Download and use Access Point. I got that from the 920 thread. I tried both and it still does not work using the "Cellular" settings.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
***Update***

Even though I checked for updates over the weekend and installed them, there was a boatload of pending updates on my phone this morning. One of them was for Access Point. I let the updates run and after they were done I rebooted. When it came back on I sent a MMS to my workphone. It worked!!!!

Thanks for your help everyone. Turns out it was a phone issue.

For the next person who googles upon this solution...Don't use the "Cellular" to set the internet/mms apn. Download and use Access Point. I got that from the 920 thread. I tried both and it still does not work using the "Cellular" settings.

That's good to know. Nokia should do an update and have this added to the settings, or it should be on Windows Phone 8 by default. Not many people would know about this. Most of us would assume going to "cellular" under settings would be the place to configure for other MVNO's.

paraguay521

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
i cannot find "access point" to download on the market..
i did
"Try this APN- att.mvno ,username and pass leave it blank ,WAP Gateway url -proxy.mvno.H2OMobileweb.com Wap Gateway Port - 80, MMS url - http://mmsc.cingular.com/ and in MMSCport -80 "
got data but NO MMS. HELP please and thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

SocalTouch

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
What worked for was -
1. Making sure the following apps are installed -
ACCESS POINT - access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
NETWORK+ - network+ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
EXTRA INFO - extras+info | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
2. Make sure to enable the default AT&T profile in Settings-->Access Point.
3. Remove all MMS and Internet APNs under Settings-->Cellular
4. Restart phone.
5. Under Settings-->Cellular, Add MMS APN using settings
APN: att.mvno
USERNAME
PASSWORD
WAP GATEWAY URL:proxy.mvno.H2Omobileweb.com ("O" in h2o is a letter not a number)
WAP PORT: 80
MMSC URL: http://mmsc.cingular.com/
MMSC PORT: 80
MAX MMS SIZE : 300
6. Save and restart phone.
7. Under Settings--> Cellular --> Add internet APN using similar settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes